What are they waiting for

Ang

Welcome to the message boards.

I don't think it's as crystal clear what RC should or shouldn't do. We're talking about what sailings they should or should not cancel more than a month and a half from now. 

While the "big 3" do have a tendency to follow each other, it doesn't mean they have to or should.  I mean, August 1 will be a solid 2+ weeks after Walt Disney World opens in Florida.

Mariner out of Port Canaveral in August might be a great place to start. Very short say 3 or 4 days and two have a double dip at Coco Cay. I looked at the sailings they are no where near capacity, maybe get to 50% and try? Just thinking out loud here, but just maybe a good place to start.....

6 minutes ago, jaredhamburg said:

I hope they push the envelope and are the pack leader and start up first out of the big three.  This will probably not happen; but, hey, hope can spring up in the most unlikely places....

Hope springs eternal! It's what is keeping most of us going at this point.

10 minutes ago, Mike Stephens said:

I believe they are waiting for CDC to give them a decisive answer as to whether they are going to extend the US do not sail order past July 24th before they make an announcement.

I agree. The problem is that the CDC seems to be dragging their feet a bit. Personally I think that they should just make everyone be screened before getting on the ship and take precautions while aboard and just let us sail.

22 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Mariner out of Port Canaveral in August might be a great place to start. Very short say 3 or 4 days and two have a double dip at Coco Cay. I looked at the sailings they are no where near capacity, maybe get to 50% and try? Just thinking out loud here, but just maybe a good place to start.....

and the Navigator itineraries out of Miami in August too!  ?

5 minutes ago, DJsMrs said:

With what’s happening in Florida right now I’d be amazed if any cruises sail out of Florida at all in 2020.  

I tend to agree.  Aug 23rd was supposed to go to port canaveral, but I think there's a chance we might just go to bermuda and coco cay, skipping nassau (I'm totally ok with this!)