Coco Cay Thrill Park - recent price?

Hi, all!

I'm scheduled for Symphony in August 2021, and Coco Cay water park has not moved from $79/pp on the cruise planner. The last cruise I was on, I was able to get the passes for $40/pp because we booked before it had opened (cruised in August 2019, purchased on Black Friday, 2018). Does anyone have advice about what a decent price is these days? I know I can always purchase and then cancel, but I'm hesitant to do that with the way refunds are going right now. Thanks so much!

I think $79 is a pretty good price for an August/summer cruise. Our September cruise was about $60 I think. But you'll see lots of other threads on here where the price was higher than $79 once the park opened and every one loved it (particularly for summer sailings).

In my (limited) experience, the best CP excursion deals were during the 2-6 months before the cruise. So if you were to lock in the price now, the better price might not come until after things (hopefully!) settle down and refunds are issued with normal/ reasonable wait times again.

Not to Hi Jack the thread, We will be sailing late January early February and stopping at Coco Cay. I’ve. See a few post that say it’s stiill a little cool there during that time. Thoughts on whether you’d get a cabana and if so what are average and good prices on such.

4 hours ago, dandi799 said:

Hi, all!

I'm scheduled for Symphony in August 2021, and Coco Cay water park has not moved from $79/pp on the cruise planner. The last cruise I was on, I was able to get the passes for $40/pp because we booked before it had opened (cruised in August 2019, purchased on Black Friday, 2018). Does anyone have advice about what a decent price is these days? I know I can always purchase and then cancel, but I'm hesitant to do that with the way refunds are going right now. Thanks so much!

I'm also on an August 2021 with Coco Cay, and we've also been stuck at $79 since we booked.  Looks like that may just be the going fare for an Oasis ship calling in the summer for now.  Like @KJones suggested, if you're comfortable at that rate, might as well book it, you can always reprice if there's a Black Friday sale or price drop once you get closer to your sail date.

@dandi799

Our Symphony May 2021 has always been sitting at 79 pp.  However, only yesterday they finally released the Thrill cabana.  To my shock it is 599.  That is the cheapest of cabanas and bungalows. 

Cabanas hold up to 8 and the pass is included.  To me, even if I only had 4, this would be my splurge. Do the math.  8 hrs at Coco Cay with a cabana tallies out to 75 per hr.  Now, divide that into how many you have at the cabana. Let's say 6.  That means everybody is paying 12.50 per hr from an excursion aspect.  That is 1 cheap excursion. 

Cabanas come with a personal attendant. You have shade covering.  They bring you your food and drinks all day long.  If you have little ones, there are sofas they can nap on.  They have towels and water bottles there so you don't need to bring them off the ship. 

We do the beach cabanas, but if Thrill is like the beach, that attendant will be there for you non-stop.  In the a.m. they brought us a plate of fresh fruit slices, not something offered to non-cabana/bungalow guests.  @10:30 they brought the menu, and yes, you can order everything and multiples of everything, get the funnel cake, if you like a vegan option, the Portobello mushroom sandwich is good.  In the p.m. they brought us fruit kebabs, again, not offered to non-cabana guests.  You can bring your blue tooth speaker and play music because it has a usb port.   There is a safe to lock your valuables. For the beach cabanas they have a ceiling fan, not sure if Thrill has that, but I would think in Aug you want that air circulation.  If you have a great attendant, they will track you down to give you the drink you ordered.  Our attendant even would take our old wet towels and replace them with new dry towels.

Hope that helps.

11 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

@dandi799

Our Symphony May 2021 has always been sitting at 79 pp.  However, only yesterday they finally released the Thrill cabana.  To my shock it is 599.  That is the cheapest of cabanas and bungalows. 

Cabanas hold up to 8 and the pass is included.  To me, even if I only had 4, this would be my splurge. Do the math.  8 hrs at Coco Cay with a cabana tallies out to 75 per hr.  Now, divide that into how many you have at the cabana. Let's say 6.  That means everybody is paying 12.50 per hr from an excursion aspect.  That is 1 cheap excursion. 

Cabanas come with a personal attendant. You have shade covering.  They bring you your food and drinks all day long.  If you have little ones, there are sofas they can nap on.  They have towels and water bottles there so you don't need to bring them off the ship. 

We do the beach cabanas, but if Thrill is like the beach, that attendant will be there for you non-stop.  In the a.m. they brought us a plate of fresh fruit slices, not something offered to non-cabana/bungalow guests.  @10:30 they brought the menu, and yes, you can order everything and multiples of everything, get the funnel cake, if you like a vegan option, the Portobello mushroom sandwich is good.  In the p.m. they brought us fruit kebabs, again, not offered to non-cabana guests.  You can bring your blue tooth speaker and play music because it has a usb port.   There is a safe to lock your valuables. For the beach cabanas they have a ceiling fan, not sure if Thrill has that, but I would think in Aug you want that air circulation.  If you have a great attendant, they will track you down to give you the drink you ordered.  Our attendant even would take our old wet towels and replace them with new dry towels.

Hope that helps.

This is VERY helpful. There are just 4 of us, so it would be more per person, but what you describe does sound pretty spectacular! Very tempting, and something to think about!