Virgin releases their protocols

47 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

But carefully sidestepped with "we will do whatever you do on land" ...

Yep, just seemed like wordsmith to me.

Assuming they mean CDC guidance then masks will more than likely be recommended. What does "advised" mean in the context below? As @mworkman points out, it's not "required" but recommended / advised to wear a mask. Will they take the recommendation and make it a requirement? Will it truly be recommended so you don't have to wear a mask? I see the uproar now between non-mask & mask ... heck, we haven't even solved the dress attire on formal night disagreement yet.

- For masks, we follow the same guidance as is recommended on land — so if people are advised to wear masks there, we will do so at sea, as well.

1 hour ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Yep, just seemed like wordsmith to me.

Assuming they mean CDC guidance then masks will more than likely be recommended. What does "advised" mean in the context below? As @mworkman points out, it's not "required" but recommended / advised to wear a mask. Will they take the recommendation and make it a requirement? Will it truly be recommended so you don't have to wear a mask? I see the uproar now between non-mask & mask ... heck, we haven't even solved the dress attire on formal night disagreement yet.

That's why i was pointing that out...It's like the warning label on cigarettes... "May be hazardous to your health" but people do it anyhow.  They are advising, the devil is in the details.  Wording! ?

• 2 weeks later...

Sincere applause!  Whether you like, dislike, approve or not with the plan - it is a plan, and Virgin has rolled it out to the public..  Leading the fleet!    Any line should be doing similar things and showing forward motion.   I've felt RCL has been very passive from at least a communications perspective.   Publicly traded companies like RCL and other cruise lines need to make periodic announcements show shareholders and guests know they're working the problem.