Cruise Itinerary Notices

What's up with the Cruise Itinerary Notices that are now popping up when you use "Find a Cruise" to do a mock booking ?  They normally only pop up when the itinerary has somehow changed since its original publication but it's popping up on almost all of my cruise itineraries lately.  For the life of me, I cannot find a single change on any of the itineraries from what I originally booked.  The old itins are identical to the supposed "new" itin popping up.  If they have somehow changed the time in port on one or more of the ports of call, it would not show up in that Cruise Itinerary Notice anyway since port times aren't included in those notices.  I'm totally perplexed about what has changed on the itinerary that warrants the pop-up.

Think is has to do when a discrepancy occurs between what is posted on the "Visiting" part vs the actual order.

Example here is for a Nov 13, 2020 sailing on Navigator

image.png.99b775e345d1b4e4179bc4a959d371b4.png

Clicking to book...

image.png.e142e639fed863551a9ba511064cc4ec.png

This is what also causes a lot on the three ship at CocoCay panic. Most of the calendars showing when ships are in port are going by the "Visiting" information vs what the system spits out as the actual order when looking at the booking.

1 minute ago, FionaMG said:

I've been stalking Anthem's TA in April next year for some time now and have seen the new notices too, but I can't see any changes at all in the itinerary from when I first started eyeing this cruise.

Meet lazy programming??? My guess is the system doesn't understand multi-day "Cruising" segments or trying to bring awareness that "Cruising" isn't one day between ports. 

image.png.6ea7d2f4e8cd72fc04a644edbd1ee4e7.png

image.png.1b155879085ee6de658a0a7808794108.png

image.png.a22faf664b62bd9795581319754927db.png

15 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Meet lazy programming??? My guess is the system doesn't understand multi-day "Cruising" segments or trying to bring awareness that "Cruising" isn't one day between ports. 

DING DING DING! I just verified. If there is ANYTHING extra it flags it. IE: 5 day to Bermuda from NJ it catches it because of 2 Bermuda days... BUT, 4 day Bahamas & Perfect Day from FLL, it doesn't. 

Edited by sk8erguy1978
anything is one word!

Maybe they just put it on every sailing, so that you get so used to seeing it that you simply click to get rid of it without actually reading. Then when they do actually slip a change of port or something important in there, nobody takes any notice and just carries on with their booking.

Sort of a reverse psychology version of the boy who cried wolf?

20 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

DING DING DING! I just verified. If there is ANYTHING extra it flags it. IE: 5 day to Bermuda from NJ it catches it because of 2 Bermuda days... BUT, 4 day Bahamas & Perfect Day from FLL, it doesn't. 

I think you're onto something. I got the notice when booking my Eastern Med cruise on Odyssey - hubby and me were comparing itineraries for 10 minutes and couldn't figure out what had changed. We have an overnight in Athens, so this most likely triggered the notice.