FCC - another question, sorry!

Hi all

I've searched through but couldn't get the answers to my FCC questions, appols if its an obvious answer.

We have a fully paid August cruise which i'm still clinging on to hope that will go, but it's looking unlikely. 1 cabin for the 3 of us,  me, my wife and our youngest (8), on a 14 night cruise.

The price split on the Royal's invoice is as follows:

Guest 1 (me) Cruise fare £2000 (no discount) paid £2000
Guest 2 (wife) Cruise fare £2000 with £1000 discount, so paid £1000  
Guest 3 (child) Cruise fare £1000 with £200 discount, so paid £800

If the cruise gets cancelled by Royal, I think i'm right in saying we'll be offered a FCC at 125% each, with the child's being transferable as he's under 12?.

So assuming that is the case, do i then get a single FCC for £2500, my wife a separate FCC for £1250 and finally a third separate but transferable FCC for our son at £1000? Or is the amount evenly split between the three of us - ie we each get a single FCC for £1583? 

The answer to this then will give me another question or two, but rather than list every possibly scenario i'll wait for clarification from you lovely people first.

Many thanks in advance

Adam

1 hour ago, Wilmsta said:

Hi all

I've searched through but couldn't get the answers to my FCC questions, appols if its an obvious answer.

We have a fully paid August cruise which i'm still clinging on to hope that will go, but it's looking unlikely. 1 cabin for the 3 of us,  me, my wife and our youngest (8), on a 14 night cruise.

The price split on the Royal's invoice is as follows:

Guest 1 (me) Cruise fare £2000 (no discount) paid £2000
Guest 2 (wife) Cruise fare £2000 with £1000 discount, so paid £1000  
Guest 3 (child) Cruise fare £1000 with £200 discount, so paid £800

If the cruise gets cancelled by Royal, I think i'm right in saying we'll be offered a FCC at 125% each, with the child's being transferable as he's under 12?.

So assuming that is the case, do i then get a single FCC for £2500, my wife a separate FCC for £1250 and finally a third separate but transferable FCC for our son at £1000? Or is the amount evenly split between the three of us - ie we each get a single FCC for £1583? 

The answer to this then will give me another question or two, but rather than list every possibly scenario i'll wait for clarification from you lovely people first.

Many thanks in advance

Adam

Royal will email you an FCC for you, your son, & your wife. The amount of the FCC will be 125% of the total of £3800 which you had paid for the 3 of you to go on the cruise, so the amount of the FCC for each person will be £1583 each.

Maybe a TA can answer. I thought the FCC was given according to how you originally paid. You are full price plus 25%, your wife’s original fare plus 25% and your child’s original fare plus 25%. 

I’ve seen here where people in a stateroom all have different amounts on their individual FCC’s. 

So now you’ve gotten an answer that still doesn’t answer your question! 

Hopefully someone will break the tie! 

Thank you both for your responses so far. In respect of payment, the whole cruise was paid by myself, if that makes a difference.

The reason i ask is that we're looking at 3 additional family members coming with us if we rebook, but it would only be a 7 nighter so significantly cheaper. 

We would be looking at 3 cabins (2 pers per cabin) in total, and I was wondering if we could split the FCC between those three cabins if each of us (me, wife, youngest son who were on the original booking) each went into separate cabins (my eldest son (23) would happily room with his 8 year old brother). If the FCC was disproportionate between the 3 of us, then that might make it difficult to utilize the full  FCC across the 3 cabins of the same cabin category etc .

Not trying to cheat the system, i just want to make an informed decision if and when the offer of the FCC comes through.    

4 minutes ago, Wilmsta said:

the whole cruise was paid by myself, if that makes a difference.

Unfortunately, it does not matter who paid.  The FCC's will be given to each individual passenger on the original booking.  Some have received the cruise fare FCC split equally among the original pax but most have received proportions of varying amounts for each pax based on % of the original cruise fare.  There are rare cases (such as @Lovetocruise2002 mentioned) where the FCCs are lumped together but I think those are exceptions rather than the rule.

4 minutes ago, Wilmsta said:

split the FCC between those three cabins if each of us (me, wife, youngest son who were on the original booking) each went into separate cabins (my eldest son (23) would happily room with his 8 year old brother).

I am no expert on this but I think that all of the FCC's must be used by persons in 1 booking and I don't think multiple rooms can be booked under the same booking number...but I might be wrong about that.

Thanks Waaaytooo, seems to be a bit of a mindfield doesn’t it. 

Changing tact slightly, Going the opposite direction - I’m wondering if I added a fourth person to a single cabin (to join us original 3) would I still have to pay for the ‘new 4th’ guest even if the FCC covered the entire cost of the cabin?

If i could use the FCC for the fourth guest as well, i might be able to upgrade the cabin category etc.

If all else fails, I think it would have to be just be a good old fashioned refund! 

That's a good question.  I have never had more than 2 people in a room, but I have read (thanks to @Lovetocruise2002) that once you have a booking for 3 or more, the "per person" rate does not change....so it would seem to indicate that, while you would certainly still have to pay for that new 4th person, they would not reprice the entire booking by adding another person.  I have no idea how an applied FCC would work but my guess is that they would charge you for the new 4th person, apply the FCC and you would either pay the difference in the revised fare or you would receive a new FCC in the amount of any extra that was left over from the FCC.

@Wilmsta, I noticed that you are from the UK so I am not sure how the policies work. Here in North America, once you have 3 on the reservation, it locks in the price.  The 4th person would just pay whatever your 3rd person rate is.

The FCCs complicate things in the sense that they are supposed to be used for the person on the certificate.  If one of your FCCs has the 4th person's name on it, then you should be free to apply it for them.  However, if your FCCs do not have the name of the 4th person on it, I doubt they would let you apply it.

That being said, because of this cancellation mess lately, I have heard of exceptions where they have allowed the FCCs to be reissued to someone else, and even in my case where I could stack them.  But like @WAAAYTOOO said, these are exceptions and YMMV depending on which rep you speak to, and how much of a fighter your TA is (that was the case for me, it was all my TA, cannot take the credit).