Freedom of the Seas Group Cruise Roll Call

You are absolutely right Billy!  Taking those three 7 night cruises as a solo, really gave me a big push of 42 points in less than 6 months.  And all three of those were already as Diamond, so I got to enjoy the Diamond lounge on Independence and the nightly Diamond Event on Jewel.  

I looked and looked for a FOS Group Cruise thread, but couldn't find one.  If there is one, feel free to delete and point me in the right direction!

So who all is going?  What are you most excited about?  

For us, it will be my husband Nick and I celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary (Sept 1) and our almost 2 year old daughter Mackenzie.   

I'm excited to stay in the panoramic ocean view room on Deck 12 and for the bike riding excursion we booked in Grand Cayman.  

96 days and counting!

You are going to LOVE this cabin type! I was in 1864 on FOS deck 12 in Jan. it was one of the two corner cabins. gorgeous floor to ceiling windows. stunning views. Enjoy. Oh and See you onboard FOS sept 4th!!

You are going to LOVE this cabin type! I was in 1864 on FOS deck 12 in Jan. it was one of the two corner cabins. gorgeous floor to ceiling windows. stunning views. Enjoy. Oh and See you onboard FOS sept 4th!!

Great!  We actually switched to the family sized wedge room (1804) today!  They opened them up after final payment date for smaller groups.  I think it will be nice to have the extra room with a toddler.  Did you periscope your room when you had that room?  I think I remember it.  

Look forward to meeting you!

There is a simple solution to the single supplement problem: take more cruises!

That's right.  Straight from RCCL's website:

Single supplement cruise fare reduced to 150% from 200% for members that have 340 or more cruise points

One more sailing...one more sailing...one more sailing...

Christie, did you book through a travel agent or directly with Royal?  I thought about switching to a balcony from an inside but we would have to pay the cancellation penalty for cancelling and rebooking after final payment date, so I decided to stay put in the inside cabin. 

If you're in the US or Canada there should be no fee for this.  Check with your TA or call and get someone different at RCCL.

Billy, I am in the US and booked with MEI.

I emailed MEI and they contacted Royal Caribbean.  Since I booked through the group at MEI, I would have to cancel my cruise and rebook and pay the additional $75 (or somewhere around that) to move from an inside to a balcony.  I would lose part of the money already paid since I am past final payment date and in the "penalty period."

We got such a good deal on the inside, we are fine with what we paid since we would rarely be in the cabin anyway.

Billy, I am in the US and booked with MEI.

I emailed MEI and they contacted Royal Caribbean.  Since I booked through the group at MEI, I would have to cancel my cruise and rebook and pay the additional $75 (or somewhere around that) to move from an inside to a balcony.  I would lose part of the money already paid since I am past final payment date and in the "penalty period."

We got such a good deal on the inside, we are fine with what we paid since we would rarely be in the cabin anyway.

Hmm that's weird. We are with MEI too and all they did was charge us the difference in fare.

Hmm that's weird. We are with MEI too and all they did was charge us the difference in fare.

I'm surprised to hear that too.  Technically, the rule Dave was told is correct, but, if you want to spend more money on a more expensive room, RC will almost always take your money (past final payment date or not).

I'm so ready for that first lava flow with you guys.

THAT DOES IT.

I'm not clicking on this thread again.  

While you guys will be having a blast on the seas and slamming lava flows, I'll be here working for the man.

:angry:

:(

I'm so ready for that first lava flow with you guys.

I know exactly what you mean!

While you guys will be having a blast on the seas and slamming lava flows, I'll be here working for the man.

The lava flow Gods come everyone sooner or later

A buddy called and said his plans changed so he can now make the trip. He is not active on any forums but I ordered him a GC shirt.

Speaking of GC shirts...

If you missed recent daily chats, Matt has requested that we all wear our GC shirts on Day 1.

Speaking of GC shirts...

If you missed recent daily chats, Matt has requested that we all wear our GC shirts on Day 1.

Thanks for the reminder! Day 1 will be the official day to wear the GC shirts, but feel free to wear them other days too :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out last night at work that my boss has scheduled me to work on Friday, 9/2, and Saturday, 9/3.  I work third shift, so that means that I am scheduled to get off of work on Sunday, 9/4 at 7AM!  I have flights out of Raleigh, NC on Saturday, 9/3.

I spoke to her about a year ago and asked about getting the time off.  She said that it wouldn't be a problem.  We can officially enter requests off in the computer 5 months ahead.  So I entered the dates in April.  She never said anything else about my request.  Now that the schedule is posted, 4 other people have also requested these days off.  I KNOW that I was the first, so I will have to deal with this tonight at work.

I have been looking forward to a great relaxing vacation, but now have to deal with this.

Just found out last night at work that my boss has scheduled me to work on Friday, 9/2, and Saturday, 9/3.  I work third shift, so that means that I am scheduled to get off of work on Sunday, 9/4 at 7AM!  I have flights out of Raleigh, NC on Saturday, 9/3.

I spoke to her about a year ago and asked about getting the time off.  She said that it wouldn't be a problem.  We can officially enter requests off in the computer 5 months ahead.  So I entered the dates in April.  She never said anything else about my request.  Now that the schedule is posted, 4 other people have also requested these days off.  I KNOW that I was the first, so I will have to deal with this tonight at work.

I have been looking forward to a great relaxing vacation, but now have to deal with this.

Well this sucks. I think I would remind her of the conversation from one year ago, present the proof that you were the first to request the days off and present her with the no refundable flight and cruise documents. Maybe offer to work the Friday shift, but explain that not allowing you to have Sat off would cause you to lose $$$. I am sure you have considered all your options, but just offering my .02. Keep us posted.

Oh man, sorry to hear that you're dealing with this. I totally understand- I had a workforce commission audit yesterday. 😠Like really, can't I just prepare for my vacation in peace?

Hope it gets straightened out. Since you have flights booked, I think you take priority

I found out at work today that my boss had an out-of-town meeting today and then off for two days.  I thought about offering to work the Friday shift, but that wouldn't work.  I work third shift, so Friday's shift ends at 7:00 AM Saturday.  My flight leaves Raleigh, NC at 7:05 AM on Saturday.  I live about 2 hours from the airport and if I plan on the minimum 1 hour preflight, I would have to leave work and head straight to the airport by 4:00 AM.  Friday's are so busy, there is no way that they could guarantee that I could leave my shift early.  

I have plenty of "Personal Days" saved, so I can notify them that I want to use two of those for the scheduled Friday and Saturday shifts.  As long as I give them more than 4 hours notice (before Friday night at 11:00 PM) then there is nothing they can do about it.  I get no penalty and still they have to pay me those 16 hours!  I just checked their attendance policy this morning!

I got the Zika email about an hour ago too.  As for the work situation, I am only scheduled to work one more day this week, tomorrow night  (other than the two days that I can't work due to my flight).  When I get off of work Thursday morning, my boss will be coming to work.  I will have to inform her then of her error in scheduling me to work while she gave four other people the weekend off!