Freedom of the Seas Group Cruise Roll Call

I looked and looked for a FOS Group Cruise thread, but couldn't find one.  If there is one, feel free to delete and point me in the right direction!

So who all is going?  What are you most excited about?  

For us, it will be my husband Nick and I celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary (Sept 1) and our almost 2 year old daughter Mackenzie.   

I'm excited to stay in the panoramic ocean view room on Deck 12 and for the bike riding excursion we booked in Grand Cayman.  

96 days and counting!

Yea, I need to update that.  My dad is having major cancer surgery in July and my mom won't be able to keep my daughter anymore.  I really wanted to do Anthem with just my husband and I, so we cancelled that one and booked on the group cruise instead with our daughter.  

Also, we would love to do the Chef's Table on Night 2 (first formal night, but not the great Surf and Turf menu in the MDR), if anybody would like to join us.

We roll the opposite way. Love first formal night, skip second

Really?  What do you like on the first formal night?  I've just heard the second one is better.  We would be ok with any night, really.

We don't eat shellfish, so lobster night does nothing for us.

Regardless, Italian night is the night to dine at MDR.  

I must be completely missing the boat here- is the Saffron menu the Italian menu?

Remember, I've never even eaten in the MDR  :huh:

Honestly, I have no idea LOL I just know when I see lasagna on the menu, it's Italian night! Usually day 3 or 4

So looking at this cruise compass from Jan 2016, these are the MDR nights:

Night 1 (Sept 4)- Mojo

Night 2 (Sept 5)- Saffron (formal night)

Night 3 (Sept 6)- Pimiento 

Night 4 (Sept 7)- Basil

Night 5 (Sept 8)- Jasmine (formal night)

Night 6 (Sept 9)- Pomodoro

Night 7 (Sept 10)- Shitake 

I'm ok with doing Chef's Table on any day except 1 and 7.  Night 3 is out because of Italian night.

So if anybody wants to do Chef's Table on night 2, 4, 5, or 6 let me know!  

I just listened to Matt's Periscope from yesterday.  Several people mentioned a pre-cruise meetup.  Since a lot who were commenting were staying in the port area, I thought I would put a post here to see if anyone else is staying in Orlando the night before the cruise.  We will be staying near Disney and would possibly be interested in a pre-cruise meetup dinner in the Orlando area. 

Who else will be staying the night before the cruise in Orlando and would be interested?

We will be on FOS but only in January... is this post only for 1 specific sailing?

Yes it is.

I just listened to Matt's Periscope from yesterday.  Several people mentioned a pre-cruise meetup.  Since a lot who were commenting were staying in the port area, I thought I would put a post here to see if anyone else is staying in Orlando the night before the cruise.  We will be staying near Disney and would possibly be interested in a pre-cruise meetup dinner in the Orlando area. 

Who else will be staying the night before the cruise in Orlando and would be interested?

I'm staying by the port and was thinking about something similar for folks also staying near Port Canaveral.

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge and plan on spending the evening in Disney Springs

Christie, I just realized that you and I had been chatting together on the Facebook page last month.  I checked the address of where we are staying and I think it is about 10 miles from the Wilderness Lodge.

I am looking forward to getting back on Freedom to see the changed that were made during the last drydock.  I was last onboard in 2013 before that so it will be a little different.

I haven't been to Disney Springs since it got its new name.  Prior to that, I have been two or three times when it was Downtown Disney.  I didn't even know that the name had changed until Matt mentioned it in one of his podcasts.

Maybe I'll spearhead the Orlando meetup.  How would you guys feel about Ghiradelli Soda Fountain?  They have amazing ice cream sundaes and a nice outdoor seating area.  Probably 7:30ish.  

I likely won't be there, BUT I do think Disney Springs is the best spot to meet up. No park admission required, easy parking and plenty of options.

I likely won't be there, BUT I do think Disney Springs is the best spot to meet up. No park admission required, easy parking and plenty of options.

I agree as far as Disney Springs with regard to an Orlando meetup.  That in mind, let's make sure we have a good understanding of where people will be before the cruise, and how many are interested.  Take 10 seconds and let me know on the FB group by completing the one question survey.  

https://www.facebook.com/events/1142839675736002/permalink/1240922445927724/

So looking at this cruise compass from Jan 2016, these are the MDR nights:

Night 1 (Sept 4)- Mojo

Night 2 (Sept 5)- Saffron (formal night)

Night 3 (Sept 6)- Pimiento 

Night 4 (Sept 7)- Basil

Night 5 (Sept 8)- Jasmine (formal night)

Night 6 (Sept 9)- Pomodoro

Night 7 (Sept 10)- Shitake 

I'm ok with doing Chef's Table on any day except 1 and 7.  Night 3 is out because of Italian night.

So if anybody wants to do Chef's Table on night 2, 4, 5, or 6 let me know!  

Tammy and I would be interested in joining the Chef's Table Group ... pretty much any night - but indeed Italian in the MDR is one of our favs too.  By the way, I wouldn't assume the Menus will be the same order as previous embarkations.

• 4 weeks later...

Any update on a planned/preferred Chef's Table event? Should we reserve date on cruise planner in advance? or schedule once on board?

Just hopping on here to see if we are ready to bite the bullet on this thing.  I think because there will be 6-8 of us probably, we should book in advance (table only holds 16).  Matt?  What does the Mrs think?

Just hopping on here to see if we are ready to bite the bullet on this thing.  I think because there will be 6-8 of us probably, we should book in advance (table only holds 16).  Matt?  What does the Mrs think?

We are pretty flexible and can even wait to book on board if preferred.

• 3 weeks later...

I am back as a "maybe" for the GC. I am waiting for a buddy to get short notice time off approved. This would be his first cruise and I am trying to provide him cost info. Can someone who is booked please check the cruise planner and tell me if there are still pre-cruise discounts being offered on drink packages and internet? I will cross post on the FB thread. Thank you!

I agree with you about those single supplements.  I have only done 3 cruises solo and it does make it harder for me to schedule more cruises!  Even though we can get double points, we still have to come up with the extra cash for cruises!

I have booked the last few that I did as soon as the itineraries opened to get a great price even with the single supplements.