Grand Cayman

Lisa MacBrayne

Welcome to the blog! 

I love Grand Cayman ? If you've never been, I'd say Stingray City, snorkeling, and the Turtle Farm are the easiest highlights. It is always nice to have a Royal excursion (in the morning!) when you're at a tender port. Then there's no worry about standing in line.

@LetsTryThisPlace lives in Grand Cayman, maybe they can help answer your questions?

We did what @KristiZ suggested and had a short morning Royal excursion followed by taking a taxi ride to a small resort on the 7 mile beach afterwards.  One of my favorite excursions and my first since returning to cruising as an adult.  Grand Cayman is wonderful!!!!!!!  You will enjoy it.

On 6/16/2020 at 9:51 PM, Lisa MacBrayne said:

Just curious what the best thing to do in Grand Cayman is?  In addition is it safer to always do an excursion through RC when tendering into port?  Thanks in advance!

I'd give another vote for Stingray City, which is where we'll be headed on our next cruise.  We enjoyed the Turtle Farm when our son was younger, and it is possible to snorkel around their pond.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 9:08 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Head's up re:  Grand Cayman.  It is expensive.  Just be prepared.

Currently the Caymanian Dollar is almost $1.22USD.

Wanted to try Stingray City last time in Grand Cayman. Our in port arrival timing did not allow for it, unfortunately.

And don't be afraid to do almost nothing. 7 mile beach is gorgeous. We've been to Public Beach a couple of times and it was a lot of fun. But we went where Calico Jack's was and they've closed down, so I don't know what will be replacing it, if anything.

30 minutes ago, KWong said:

Currently the Caymanian Dollar is almost $1.22USD.

Wanted to try Stingray City last time in Grand Cayman. Our in port arrival timing did not allow for it, unfortunately.

And don't be afraid to do almost nothing. 7 mile beach is gorgeous. We've been to Public Beach a couple of times and it was a lot of fun. But we went where Calico Jack's was and they've closed down, so I don't know what will be replacing it, if anything.

Welcome back !  Haven’t seen you on here in a while. Good to see you.

On 7/12/2020 at 5:07 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Welcome back !  Haven’t seen you on here in a while. Good to see you.

Thanks! Been a bit of a roller coaster for me the past few months (employment and kids related, no sickness), so was posting less in general. Hopefully I'll be more of a presence even though I've no idea when I'll be cruising (or even traveling) again.