NCL/Oceania/Regent cancel August and September sailings

14 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I was just looking for this info. Yeah that is it for August and Sept. The big three don't do things on their own, they don't sail on their own and they don't cancel on their own. I bet the CDC told them at that useless meeting the "no sail order" will be extended 100 more days or 60 more days. Cruises are finished this year. I guess I should "lift and shift" my Oasis cruise to August next year. 

I don't think they are finished per se but I will amend my stance from a late Sept start to holiday/Nov start. The CDC has a juicy bone with cruise lines. Seem like a lot of states aren't adhering to their guidelines so they will get in where they can.

But I wonder if consumer confidence is really low with NCL.  I sailed Regent a few years ago and they have been hounding me to book again, some deals were unheard of but I didn't bite because I feel out of place on that line...i.e under 40. Also NCL has been sending me stuff through actual mail and in emails, again unheard of deals. If bookings have been sparse or inconsistent then I can see this be just relative to them; no point in ruling out RCCI and CCL.

How the potential restarting for the cruise lines is unfolding is interesting stuff. The complexities of doing it are immense. I got to thinking restarting is not like pulling the ships now at sea back to their home ports and going for it. What US, EU +GB, Asian home ports will reopen? When? What destination ports will reopen? What will a country's public health officials require of passengers and crew embarking and debarking these ports? Quarantine? Can't go there. We have an 8n S. Carib. cruise booked on Celebrity Equinox out of Fort Lauderdale on August 1st. We live in Fort Lauderdale so I don't have airline tickets to deal with. So, I've been watching the Caribbean re-openings; Caymans was on the itinerary - not reopening 'till October. No biggy. The cruise line can by-pass that one and add a day at sea. The rest of the ports are probably already open (e.g., Aruba) or better than 50/50 to be open.  But, where is Equinox right now? Will it continue to home port out of FTL with all the reorganizing going on? What ship might we be rebooked on if it goes somewhere else? I'm well prepared for any eventuality for this cruise. If it gets cancelled we'll take the 125% FCC; I've already applied one FCC and received another and will simply add a 3rd.  I can apply all of those for a Holiday Cruise in December. That one is easy. In October, the 22nd actually, we have a Barcelona to FTL translant booked on Apex. We're flying to Lisbon 2w early, will be there for 2n then head to Switzerland for a week and end up in Barcelona on the 21st, RON and board Apex the next day. But, but, but .... normally Celebrity would reposition Apex on a East Bound Translant to Europe. It's already there in France and supposedly resumes cruises from Barcelona on August 5th home porting there doing the Eastern Med through the repositioning cruise I'm booked on back to FTL. With all the reorganizing will Apex switch to another home port and be replaced or not by another Celebrity ship?  Right now, American's cannot travel to Europe. Will they be able to in October with no vaccine yet and the flu season starting? Without a quarantine? If we can fly into Lisbon without quarantine, will Switzerland open it's Airports to those with US Passports even though they are already in the Schengen region? All of this is mind-boggling. Good thing I'm flexible!!!?

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

How the potential restarting for the cruise lines is unfolding is interesting stuff. The complexities of doing it are immense. I got to thinking restarting is not like pulling the ships now at sea back to their home ports and going for it. What US, EU +GB, Asian home ports will reopen? When? What destination ports will reopen? What will a country's public health officials require of passengers and crew embarking and debarking these ports? Quarantine? Can't go there. We have an 8n S. Carib. cruise booked on Celebrity Equinox out of Fort Lauderdale on August 1st. We live in Fort Lauderdale so I don't have airline tickets to deal with. So, I've been watching the Caribbean re-openings; Caymans was on the itinerary - not reopening 'till October. No biggy. The cruise line can by-pass that one and add a day at sea. The rest of the ports are probably already open (e.g., Aruba) or better than 50/50 to be open.  But, where is Equinox right now? Will it continue to home port out of FTL with all the reorganizing going on? What ship might we be rebooked on if it goes somewhere else? I'm well prepared for any eventuality for this cruise. If it gets cancelled we'll take the 125% FCC; I've already applied one FCC and received another and will simply add a 3rd.  I can apply all of those for a Holiday Cruise in December. That one is easy. In October, the 22nd actually, we have a Barcelona to FTL translant booked on Apex. We're flying to Lisbon 2w early, will be there for 2n then head to Switzerland for a week and end up in Barcelona on the 21st, RON and board Apex the next day. But, but, but .... normally Celebrity would reposition Apex on a East Bound Translant to Europe. It's already there in France and supposedly resumes cruises from Barcelona on August 5th home porting there doing the Eastern Med through the repositioning cruise I'm booked on back to FTL. With all the reorganizing will Apex switch to another home port and be replaced or not by another Celebrity ship?  Right now, American's cannot travel to Europe. Will they be able to in October with no vaccine yet and the flu season starting? Without a quarantine? If we can fly into Lisbon without quarantine, will Switzerland open it's Airports to those with US Passports even though they are already in the Schengen region? All of this is mind-boggling. Good thing I'm flexible!!!?

That's definatly a headache.

I have an end of October cruise out of fort Lauderdale as well. I'm hoping October will be a whole new story. I'm stressed as we won't be cruising at all next year ( or atleast hoping to be pregnant and won't pass 20 weeks) so stressful. I hope we'd get a redund

14 hours ago, JeffB said:

I've already applied one FCC and received another and will simply add a 3rd.  I can apply all of those for a Holiday Cruise in December.

Does Celebrity allow you to apply multiple FCCs to a cruise?  I know Royal only will allow you to apply one at this time.  Would hope that they will revise that policy in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.

12 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Does Celebrity allow you to apply multiple FCCs to a cruise?  I know Royal only will allow you to apply one at this time.  Would hope that they will revise that policy in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yes to this, they need to change that policy. I mean if I have to lift and shift our Sept cruise to next year they should allow us to use the left over FCC to book another cruise. Even if the policy is you can use the leftovers FCC on a cruise that is after the list and shift cruise. That is fine with me. 

8 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

As far as I know, yes. The rules on the use of FCCs are complicated with a lot of if, then and buts. The basic concept is that if Celebrity cancels a cruise, you can get a 100% refund or a 125% FCC. Each FCC has a value and the cumulative value of each FCC can be applied to any future cruise or multiple future cruises until the cumulative value of all FCCs you hold are used up.

I can only speak to the circumstance where Celebrity cancels the cruise. Once you jump into a different circumstance, e.g., L&S, Cruise with Confidence, Lowest Price Guarantee, there are a ton of qualifiers. I use an agent. She is pretty good with keeping up with this stuff; if you call Celebrity yourself, how all this works depends on the rep you happen to speaking with. Celebrity has a very good FAQ's page on all of this. Still, it makes my head spin.