Pricing on Crown Loft Suites -- Big Difference between Ships

My family, like many others, are moving around lots of vacation plans for this year and next year (both cruise and non-cruise) and I
have been looking at many options to reschedule our original Southern Caribbean cruise. 

I also really like to get a deal --- and seeing on Oasis the Crown Loft Suites are very well priced at ~ $3 - $4K less then the 
same category on Symphony or Harmony for the same month.  I am comparing an Eastern + Perfect Day route for all 3 ships.

Now the skeptic in me comes into play.....is there something about Oasis Crown Loft Suites they would be priced so much lower
then other ships?  

I never expected this category to be feasible for my family and totally fine switching from our original Southern Caribbean itinerary
to try out a Loft Suite.  Am I being too paranoid about 'the why' the rate is so good on Oasis?

No issues with Oasis loft suites, they are incredible.  Same with Allure.  The only difference is a purple decor on Harmony and Symphony versus more of a blue theme on Oasis/Allure.  I actually prefer the shower setup in the lofts on Oasis and Allure over the loft bathtub on Harmony/Symphony.  

Oasis-2.jpg

Oasis-3.jpg

Oasis-4.jpg

Oasis-5.jpg

Downstairs bathroom.

Oasis-6.jpg

Oasis-7.jpg

Oasis-8.jpg

Oasis-9.jpg

Also, don't rule out Star Class suites.  Sometimes they are well within reach of the loft suites when you consider the dining package, drink package and gratuities that are included.  That's not always the case but it's worth looking at while you search for loft suite deals.  

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2020 at 1:32 PM, twangster said:

No issues with Oasis loft suites, they are incredible.  Same with Allure.  The only difference is a purple decor on Harmony and Symphony versus more of a blue theme on Oasis/Allure.  I actually prefer the shower setup in the lofts on Oasis and Allure over the loft bathtub on Harmony/Symphony. 

On Oasis, what location of Crown loft Suite is best, back or side. I think I would prefer side. Is there any noise from WJ below?  Is Crown Loft Sky or  Star Class?

10 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

On Oasis, what location of Crown loft Suite is best, back or side. I think I would prefer side. Is there any noise from WJ below?  Is Crown Loft Sky or  Star Class?

Depends on your preferences. Some people like to people watch and in that case, back view is best. Some people prefer the privacy and ocean views. In that case, side is best. Port is not better than starboard or vice versa. We have done both sides and find them the same. 

No noise from the WJ that I have ever experience, but I have heard some complain of noise from CK if you choose the loft next to it. 

Last thing to keep in mind is your own privacy. With the ones facing the back, those on Deck 16 below can see you clearly when you are out on the balcony, just like you can see them. With the side lofts, I usually go towards to middle because the ones (first 3 or so) closest to the end, people can also see you from Deck 16 also.  But really, you cannot to wrong with the lofts, if there was only one left, I wouldn’t care where it was, I would take it over any other deck. ? #teamDeck17

30 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

Cabin category for the bulk of the deck 17 loft suites used to be L1 (side facing) or L2 (rear facing).  Now they are all L1.  I'll use the old category as it's easier to explain.  

The L2 rear facing were great for people watching as they look over the sports deck areas like mini-golf or the basketball court.  You could hold a conversation with someone on the sports deck if so desired.  You will need to close the drapes for privacy otherwise everyone has a clear view into your loft.  

You can see the L2 loft suites in this photo of the mini-golf area.

Allure-74.jpg

The L1 side facing are more private.  Short of someone poking their head around the barrier from the loft suite next door they are private.  There are both sheer curtains and full darkening curtains.  The sheer give some privacy but still yield a magnificent view to wake up to.

Allure-6.jpg

Oasis-26.jpg

The L1/L2 loft suites are Sky Class.   There are a handful of deck 17 suites that are Star Class.  They tend to be on the corners or ends and include the Star Loft, Royal Loft, Owners Panoramic and Grand Panoramic but the majority of the lofted suites are Sky Class.  

I never heard the Windjammer below.  Furthermore the bed is actually on deck 18 well away from the WJ.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Furthermore the bed is actually on deck 18 well away from the WJ.

Thank you so much for the pictures. They really help. And I was thinking since you slept on 18 you would probably wouldn't hear much if any noise. 

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Depends on your preferences. Some people like to people watch and in that case, back view is best. Some people prefer the privacy and ocean views. In that case, side is best. Port is not better than starboard or vice versa. We have done both sides and find them the same. 

No noise from the WJ that I have ever experience, but I have heard some complain of noise from CK if you choose the loft next to it. 

Last thing to keep in mind is your own privacy. With the ones facing the back, those on Deck 16 below can see you clearly when you are out on the balcony, just like you can see them. With the side lofts, I usually go towards to middle because the ones (first 3 or so) closest to the end, people can also see you from Deck 16 also.  But really, you cannot to wrong with the lofts, if there was only one left, I wouldn’t care where it was, I would take it over any other deck. ? #teamDeck17

Thank you. We currently have our first Star Class booked (because I read too much about it from all of you!) for 1/9/2022 on Oasis in a 2BR ATS, because it was such a good deal considering all included in the Star Class. I am now looking at a possible back to back (because, once again, I have read so much about it from all of you) with 1/2/2022 being first leg on Oasis. All Star Class are a bit pricey currently so I began  looking at other suites. Might be nice to start with Sky and work my way into Star. If I book it I will definitely book Junior Suite as there is little difference between large balcony and that for sure.

40 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

because, once again, I have read so much about it from all of you

I blame @WAAAYTOOO ?

And definitely go from Sky to Star, you will be greatly disappointed the other way around.  Star will spoil you for life.  It truly is the point of no return lol.

3 hours ago, Kathleen said:

Might be nice to start with Sky and work my way into Star . If I book it I will definitely book Junior Suite as there is little difference between large balcony and that for sure. 

I agree with @Lovetocruise2002 save Star class for week 2 ... but I also wanted to point out that a Junior Suite is Sea Class and doesn't have all of the benefits of Sky Class. My Apologies if I stated the obvious . I've  been accused of that by my sons. ??

surprise hate GIF by Captain Obvious

5 hours ago, Ogilthorpe said:

I agree with @Lovetocruise2002 save Star class for week 2 ... but I also wanted to point out that a Junior Suite is Sea Class and doesn't have all of the benefits of Sky Class. My Apologies if I stated the obvious . I've  been accused of that by my sons. ??

surprise hate GIF by Captain Obvious

Thank you. I should have said I will book at least a Junior Suite if we book the week before and do a B2B. I’m definitely leaning towards sky class though. 

I have a Crown Loft Suite (CLS) planned for November 21 on Oasis of the Seas that I booked in 2019. After the most recent sale came out this week I priced another cruise for a CLS for April 22, and to my surprise, I noticed that the price had risen $1300 dollars for the exact same specifications. Sorry if I’m late to the sad-party but has this been the case on all cruises going forward? 

The difference in price was $5400 to $6700 with the exact specifications. That’s a pretty big jump in price. 

On 7/27/2020 at 5:38 AM, VACruiser said:

I have a Crown Loft Suite (CLS) planned for November 21 on Oasis of the Seas that I booked in 2019. After the most recent sale came out this week I priced another cruise for a CLS for April 22, and to my surprise, I noticed that the price had risen $1300 dollars for the exact same specifications. Sorry if I’m late to the sad-party but has this been the case on all cruises going forward? 

The difference in price was $5400 to $6700 with the exact specifications. That’s a pretty big jump in price. 

I think prices are elevated because people got back the 125% FCC. IMO, cruise prices will remain high until we set sail. Depending on how many are actually willing to get on the ship when we resume that will dictate the price. RCCL is also trying to get as much money as possible right now from those that don't know better. I wish the CLS on Oasis was $5500 for me!! Was looking for a new booking and saw that prices were super high.