Interesting NCL info

So I saw that NCL had taken off cruises from the schedule to book for August and Sept. The first thought I had was more cruises are cancelled or going to be cancelled. That is not the case as i found out. I was told those cruises are not cancelled but "at capacity" and to my mind that means they are planning to sail at a much reduced capacity and won't/can't sell anymore cabins. Seem to be correct or I'm reading too much into this? 

12 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

So I saw that NCL had taken off cruises from the schedule to book for August and Sept. The first thought I had was more cruises are cancelled or going to be cancelled. That is not the case as i found out. I was told those cruises are not cancelled but "at capacity" and to my mind that means they are planning to sail at a much reduced capacity and won't/can't sell anymore cabins. Seem to be correct or I'm reading too much into this? 

Things like this and the Carnival CEO seeming less sure about August make me worry about my late September 2020 cruise on Enchantment of the Seas out of Galveston....

37 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

That’s very interesting and would seem to indicate they are at least planning on trying to cruise in Aug/Sept.  Great indicator, IMO.  I wish we had some kind of indication of how Royal is going to cap capacity on their early sailings.

48 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

It could be both. They could have stopped taking bookings on all Aug and Sept to determine which they might actually sail and to stop people from overbooking. Makes better sense to allow people to think they are cancelling than to get peoples hopes up.....and/or they could be just cancelling.

I'll admit, I like the approach of putting a pause on bookings until things start to make sense - or even better - extend final payment dates to 30 days (or less).

@sk8erguy1978 I really wish they would do either. I understand as a business they want to put up a front of "things are okay" but all this does it add stress and lower their goodwill with customers.I bet a good chunk of people would be more understanding. Pretending they had a way around the CDC and continuing to take bookings/opening up registration/giving out set sail passes just gives people false hope. Final payment at 30 days is the right type of hope.

1 minute ago, Ampurp85 said:

@sk8erguy1978 Is it out of NY, Nj or another port? Later September on a certain class of ship, in a certain port is more realistic than Aug in my opinion. However, it is good you have back up plans. I just started of thinking of some vacation options now, wanted to wait and see what opens up and how they do.

I agree, September is more realistic than August especially for the Oasis class ship, which this is out of NJ, with things slow to open and being hot spots who knows if Royal will bring her here. It's okay, I'll not be too upset, just roll with the punches as they say. I want it to be safe and fun vacation, not forced. :) 

3 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Well, guess we now know why NCL blacked out August and September bookings...

@SpeedNoodles posted an article here: Link to thread

ncl.jpg

Yup, I was looking for the info. That means Carnival and Royal will follow. Time to lift and shift Oasis Sept. 6th to next year. Hey do you think because our original cruise was May 10 cancelled before "lift and shift" and then we rebooked for Sept 6 that may be Royal will allow us to "lift and shift" to May 2021? Long shot right? or really no way? 

4 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yup, I was looking for the info. That means Carnival and Royal will follow. Time to lift and shift Oasis Sept. 6th to next year. Hey do you think because our original cruise was May 10 cancelled before "lift and shift" and then we rebooked for Sept 6 that may be Royal will allow us to "lift and shift" to May 2021? Long shot right? or really no way? 

I'll be optimistic for you! Hey it's worth a shot, maybe get Karen on them :). That is interesting tactic, do you shift now just knowing or let it be cancelled, I'll have to check pricing. 

I just sent John an email. Just to be clear, Oasis is not going to sail from NJ in August or Sept right, you agree? I mean no way, no how? I hope I didn't just make a big mistake and they sail? We'll see if they allow us to lift and shift to May 2021. We paid 1,355 for 2 adults 1 kid in a Central Park balcony. Actually we didn't "pay" we used FCC and still have like 1,200 in FCC left over. 

@RCIfan1912 I use John from MEI too. I just had him L&S my last Jan 2021 to 2022. Didn't Ny and Nj say no to cruise ports this year? I don't know if I read it here or FB but people were upset because of no Oasis sailings. This just sucks ......? Although I had already L&S my Oct/Nov sailings I was still looking forward to living vicariously through the live blogs.

Just now, Ampurp85 said:

@RCIfan1912 I use John from MEI too. I just had him L&S my last Jan 2021 to 2022. Didn't Ny and Nj say no to cruise ports this year? I don't know if I read it here or FB but people were upset because of no Oasis sailings. This just sucks ......? Although I had already L&S my Oct/Nov sailings I was still looking forward to living vicariously through the live blogs.

Thank you. I didn't see that but I haven't been looking either. Lets hope, um Royal is still in business. ?

I'm beginning to worry about my October 24 cruise.

There's no comparable lift and shift for us but I used a FCC as well from our cancelled may 13 sailing. I'd be curious if we could lift and shift to may ...

But also what happens if royal cancels but you used a FCC (from a royal canceled cruise) and got the cruise planner credit? If October is canceled for us I'd just want a refund as we're planning on starting a family next year

To give some perspective we have about 389 active cases of COVID in the entire country compared to 1.3 million in the US. And we still can't sail ?‍♀️ 

I understand governments do things differently, but that still seems like a lot. Hard to see cruising coming back this year. Hope I'm wrong. Have had to cancel 2 US based cruises as I've got no idea when we will be allowed back in the country. Also, a third from another unnamed cruise line that have a zero options to move cruises, which I don't know what to do about yet.

21 minutes ago, crisgold52 said:

Just a heads up but on the carnival site. Nothing is bookable till October. Has anyone tried Royal yet? Only a matter of time 

Interestingly, I can book cruises for June on Carnival's site ... 

Edit: June didn't work but selecting June - September returned cruises.

carnival.png

Edited by sk8erguy1978
add search results

1 minute ago, Ampurp85 said:

@sk8erguy1978 So you can apparently select those dates but sailing start at September and ships are limit. I had read they stopped allowing booking on ships that at a certain capacity threshold. Seems to be true as first cruise on Conquest is Sept 4th or 7th

I didn't dig too deep but did a quick search test now. June & July returned nothing. August returned 14 cruises & September was 45 cruises. (On Carnival's website).