Voom Surf and Stream Question

My husband and I found a great deal on a Voom Surf and Stream internet package for 4 devices. We would use two, and are hoping to let the a couple cruising with us use the other two, and split the cost.  Is this a problem? They are not on our reservation. Has anyone ever done this and how did it work? We cruising for the first time on the Symphony. I am SO excited! Thanks for any advice?

I have not been on a Royal cruise since last year and things may have changed. Might also be different ship to ship, but we did this on our last cruise with no problem. They gave us 4 different codes and we just shared them with the other couple. 

41 minutes ago, DLJ2020 said:

My husband and I found a great deal on a Voom Surf and Stream internet package for 4 devices. We would use two, and are hoping to let the a couple cruising with us use the other two, and split the cost.  Is this a problem? They are not on our reservation. Has anyone ever done this and how did it work? Thanks for any advice ?

From technical  perspective only  its depends on the ship.

Ships that still use the code system I guess no issue but other ships which use the user system might be an issue.

You create a user and password which is per the stateroom than you when you login it will reduce 1 device from the 4 , next one will reduce another one until you get to 0.

Once you are using all the devices the next person that will log in without doing logout first will kick the first one that entered. 

The majority of ships have migrated to the new platform where a 4 device plan uses a common login whether it be a code or credentials you create.  Sharing a Voom plan works but you must trust other users of your login to respect the number of devices they connect and that they don't do something that violates the Voom user agreement. 

In the extreme let's say they went on the internet and bullied others or posted hate speech that violates some law somewhere.  That now comes back on you since it's your account.  If they downloaded pirated movies all day long that could cause your account to be suspended.   These are extreme scenarios and unlikely to occur but it gives food for thought for the types of things to consider.