RCCL ships with escape rooms

Ruth

It's best to just look on RCCL's site. There are 2 different types of escape rooms on Royal ships. Pop up- Rooms where they turn a certain area of the ship into a temporary escape room, and Dedicated- Rooms that are permanent areas in the ship. Pop ups I have never seen advertised but dedicated are bookable through your cruise planner. We tried to book one on our Anthem sailing last year but it sold out within 2 hours of boarding the ship. I know the one on Anthem was a pop up in the kids area. I don't know if all of the pop ups are free but I know the one on Anthem was. Dedicated rooms I believe charge a $20 fee pp but maybe others can chime in here with better info. ?

1 hour ago, PhillyLady said:

RC would have to pay me to participate in an escape room!  I guess I am just a bit older--I go on a cruise to sit in the sun and listen to the waves.

We did the escape room on Symphony last February.  My husband enjoyed it.  He's much smarter than me. I'm clearly an idiot - it was just painful to be in the room and not understand anything that was going on for 45 minutes (or whatever it was). 

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, twangster said:

No.  Maybe the AMP would have added one but not sure about that.  No AMP so that's moot.

That's what I thought.  If they had an escape room, I'm sure it would have been promoted on the Cruise Compass.  The same article I read also mentioned the Abyss on the Allure.  

On 6/15/2020 at 2:11 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

We did the escape room on Symphony last February.  My husband enjoyed it.  He's much smarter than me. I'm clearly an idiot - it was just painful to be in the room and not understand anything that was going on for 45 minutes (or whatever it was). 

I'm always feel like I'm a 5th wheel in these things. 🤣

1 hour ago, jpb said:

Going on Harmony Sunday. the concierge e mailed me: "Escape Room is still not available due to the Covid restrictions. "

May be just on Harmony, RCG is not consistent across the fleet. Some people in blogs have talked about the experience. That quote implied all the fleet wasn't using escape rooms.