Nassau, Bahamas

Mark B

If you've been to Nassau before and don't' want to sight see again, try resort for a day. They offer resort day passes for several popular resorts in Nassau. Some are all inclusive while others just give meal vouchers. There are also adults only resorts as well. As for the straw market, yes that's not too far from the pier at all. But be prepared and watch your surroundings. I've never had a problem walking thru it, probably because I was videotaping with my camcorder all the way thru. If you do want a great tour of Nassau may I suggest Marvelous tours. They offer several different types of tours via air conditioned van and/or boat.

1 hour ago, Mark B said:

Apart from the excursions offered by RC, what else is available to do? So far, none of them really interest me. Is a walk to the Straw Market from the ship doable?

Yes.  The walk to the Straw Market is very easy.  There are several streets immediately at the port with the typical cruise port shopping and the straw market is located in that area.

For reference:

image.thumb.png.5f8ae174894428f40c52040ed5419099.png

1 hour ago, Mark B said:

Apart from the excursions offered by RC, what else is available to do? So far, none of them really interest me. Is a walk to the Straw Market from the ship doable?

@Matt recently did the Jetline excursion which is an easy walk from the terminal. It's no longer on the RC site, but can be easily booked through them.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/03/27/excursion-review-fly-jet-experience-jetline-simulation-bahamas

2 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

@Matt recently did the Jetline excursion which is an easy walk from the terminal. It's no longer on the RC site, but can be easily booked through them.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/03/27/excursion-review-fly-jet-experience-jetline-simulation-bahamas

This is what I'm planning while the wife is at the spa, then enjoy the afternoon on the ship. 

We walked from the cruise port and it only took about 10 minutes to get to Junkanoo. Very easy walk so I would imagine it would be a fast safe ride. As with traveling anywhere just make sure your car states a company name or if you Uber it is the right vehicle. 

We went on a wine tasting tour at Bahama Barrels.  It was a great time bc we learned about their wine and was able to make our own bottles of wine with personalized labels.  Our tour came with one bottle and we were able to purchase add’l bottles for $10.  Wish I had bought more because I love my wine!  Best time I’ve ever had in Nassau!  Booked straight on their site and caught a cab over from outside the port.  

• 1 month later...