European cruise in September

I am booked on a 12 night cruise out of Barcelona which includes several stops in Italy and 3 other countries. It seems that other cruise lines have suspended sailing until later in the year and hopefully Royal does the same soon. Besides any health concerns, I am afraid that several stops may be cancelled and that we would have either additional sea days or a shortened cruise. Any thoughts on if and when Royal will might cancel this cruise? Thanks!

Well that depends on when you are cruising. Estimates say some European ports will open July-ish for cruise lines based in Europe.....possibly with heavy restrictions like 14-day quarantines. Others say that EU ports won't be open until late Oct or even not this year to people from outside the EU. There seems to be an emphasis on quarantines and other restrictions. Also you have to factor in the US travel ban. I live in Chicago and currently international travel is not in the books, our travel ban is not lifted until we reach phase 4. All of that withstanding, RCCI absolutely doesn't want to cancel cruises, until they have too, it looks bad business-wise. So without knowing your exact travel dates, IF they cancel; I would guess it might be 30 or so days before.

Even if they were ready to do it today like Disney did earlier this week, I wouldn’t expect it for the next couple of weeks. I’d guess they are still dealing with Alaska cancellations and then yesterday’s news of a Allure not happening in Galveston next year has led to a lot of upset people who aren’t keen on the idea of being moved to Liberty (sometimes in much lower category rooms) 

47 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Well that depends on when you are cruising. Estimates say some European ports will open July-ish for cruise lines based in Europe.....possibly with heavy restrictions like 14-day quarantines. Others say that EU ports won't be open until late Oct or even not this year to people from outside the EU.

I really wish we could get more information about the EU because final payment date is fast approaching.  Never mind--my FCC paid that off in full but I want to use the FCC so I don't have to go through that ordeal again.   The cruise is November 1st.  I don't have my flights and hotels booked to Barcelona in advance of my trans Atlantic back to Miami.  There are 2 stops in Spain, 1 in the Canary Islands and one in Coco Cay and about 10 sea days.  I can live with Allure not being amplified.  However, if any port calls are cancelled or I have be quarantine for 14 days anywhere ... that would be a deal breaker.  I just need to begin making some plans soon.

I did receive a long detailed email that my stateroom will show "guaranteed" for the next couple of weeks.  Apparently they need to do some rearranging in stateroom assignments because Allure won't be amplified.  No indication that the cruise will actually happen or not.  They did say I could cancel under the cruise with confidence program.

11 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

I really wish we could get more information about the EU because final payment date is fast approaching.  Never mind--my FCC paid that off in full but I want to use the FCC so I don't have to go through that ordeal again.   The cruise is November 1st.  I don't have my flights and hotels booked to Barcelona in advance of my trans Atlantic back to Miami.  There are 2 stops in Spain, 1 in the Canary Islands and one in Coco Cay and about 10 sea days.  I can live with Allure not being amplified.  However, if any port calls are cancelled or I have be quarantine for 14 days anywhere ... that would be a deal breaker.  I just need to begin making some plans soon.

I did receive a long detailed email that my stateroom will show "guaranteed" for the next couple of weeks.  Apparently they need to do some rearranging in stateroom assignments because Allure won't be amplified. 

Just guessing, but if I were a betting man, I’d guess that Allure’s Europe season gets cancelled and that the trans-Atlantic comes back empty. Knowing how crazy governments are right now, telling the CDC that a ship is coming back with 6,000 guests that have been potentially exposed in Spain probably won’t go over well. 

14 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

I did receive a long detailed email that my stateroom will show "guaranteed" for the next couple of weeks.  Apparently they need to do some rearranging in stateroom assignments because Allure won't be amplified.

Did you by chance have a spa balcony room? Those rooms all went GTY after that category was removed. They are slowly resetting them to their original room selection. It took mine about two weeks. 

Most airports in Spain and Italy are opening now with restrictions but the big date is 16th June lots of restrictions lifted and people can travel for holidays from 16th July, so just one more week all might be clearer..! 

Hard to say on the ports opening but I hope so by November ??‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Just guessing, but if I were a betting man, I’d guess that Allure’s Europe season gets cancelled and that the trans-Atlantic comes back empty. Knowing how crazy governments are right now, telling the CDC that a ship is coming back with 6,000 guests that have been potentially exposed in Spain probably won’t go over well. 

I think they will do the presidents cruise week before the TA and hopefully sail with guests back to Miami ?
btw Spain is doing fantastic  now very low numbers all round and some days zero deaths

2 minutes ago, Jason12 said:

I think they will do the presidents cruise week before the TA and hopefully sail with guests back to Miami ?
btw Spain is doing fantastic  now very low numbers all round and some days zero deaths

I hope you are right!  I would think every effort will be made for the president's cruise to happen. On the other hand, Spain may be doing great but do they really want a bunch of Americans and Brits showing up??

2 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

I hope you are right!  I would think every effort will be made for the president's cruise to happen. On the other hand, Spain may be doing great but do they really want a bunch of Americans and Brits showing up??

We are okay all Europeans with no restrictions from July  ??

8 minutes ago, Jason12 said:

I was thinking more of the possibility of an American Administration that isn’t exactly into globalization and may continue international travel bans we’ll into the latter parts of this year. You in the UK may be set to get into Spain, but may have more trouble being admitted into the US. 

6 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

And will those Americans be allowed to travel there. China is months ahead of the rest of the world and there’s no sign of removing the travel ban on leisure travel. The two countries are going even further with a battle on further cancelling flights from the other. 

23 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Did you by chance have a spa balcony room? Those rooms all went GTY after that category was removed. They are slowly resetting them to their original room selection. It took mine about two weeks. 

Central Park Balcony ... not sure what effect it would have on those staterooms.  

15 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

I was thinking more of the possibility of an American Administration that isn’t exactly into globalization and may continue international travel bans we’ll into the latter parts of this year. You in the UK may be set to get into Spain, but may have more trouble being admitted into the US. 

At least I'm not too concerned about that ... sorry @Jason12  However, I think this American Administration likes Britain!

1 hour ago, Dad2Cue said:

Central Park Balcony ... not sure what effect it would have on those staterooms.  

Yeah. That’s a different story. The spa balcony would have made more sense. 
It could be that you booked a stateroom that would have been obstructed and thus in a lower category. 

35 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Yeah. That’s a different story. The spa balcony would have made more sense. 
It could be that you booked a stateroom that would have been obstructed and thus in a lower category. 

The email gave me the impression that ALL the staterooms would be "guaranteed" for about 2 weeks in order to sort things out.  I think they are anticipating cancellations because it seemed liked they were apologizing for the fact that Allure wasn't going to be amplified.  They also didn't seem to care if I cancelled.  I think this cruise has been mostly sold out for a long time so maybe it is too full for covid protocols. I was encouraged they were trying to work things out and the trans Atlantic would happen.  That may be wishful thinking on my part.

I don't really know if it says anything:

Dear Guest,

We hope that amidst this situation, you have remained healthy, safe, and optimistic that each day that passes, is another day closer to a more regular day-to-day.

Given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic, the amplification of Allure of the Seas, which included renovations and new signature attractions, has been moved to a later date. Currently, Allure is in Cadiz, Spain receiving a routine technical dry dock to ensure she is ready for your cruise. We know how much time and effort go into planning your cruise and apologize for this delay in our construction plans. But don't worry, Allure won't disappoint - she will still have next level thrills on every deck. Our adventure seekers can surf the waves on the FlowRider, catch views of the Boardwalk from a vantage point unlike any other on the zipline, or discover new heights as you rock climb at sea. If relaxing is number one on your to-do list, we also have you covered. Enjoy live music as you sip a cocktail, experience world-class entertainment at live production show, or grab a bite to eat at one of our specialty dining venues.

This change does mean that we'll need to make a few updates to some of our stateroom categories in our internal systems. So, over the next few weeks, your stateroom category name for your sailing will show as a guarantee. Once we've completed our work behind-the-scenes, your stateroom category name will be different than what you originally booked. However, please know, your stateroom location, dimensions, and number will all remain the same. The only change will be the name of your stateroom category name.

While we do hope you choose to stay booked on our Allure of the Seas November 1, 2020 sailing, we understand the impact this change has caused on your vacation. Should you choose not to sail, you are welcome to take advantage of our Cruise with Confidence policy. This provides you with the flexibility to cancel your reservation up to 48 hours prior to departure for sailings that depart before April 30th, 2022 and receive a Future Cruise Credit. To learn more about this program, please visit https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence. If you decide you'd like to cancel your upcoming cruise and receive a credit and you don't want to wait on the phone, please click here to get the process started.

And, should you have any questions or concerns, we are here to assist. Please contact your Travel Advisor or call us at (888) 281-9344 and know, hold times may be a bit longer than usual due to this unparalleled situation.

We appreciate your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this situation, and know that together, we will all come out of this stronger than ever. In the meantime, please stay safe. We can't wait to welcome you onboard for an amazing cruise vacation!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Brand