Lift and SHIFT IS FRAUD. WONT HONOR

I am beyond annoyed with Royal Caribbean.   They canceled my lift and ship after it was booked with a new date.  They said they received a request and will not fix it.   They just don’t want to honor the lower price.  Who can I escalate this with?   Waiting hours to talk to supervisor!  

1 minute ago, Annette44 said:

I am beyond annoyed with Royal Caribbean.   They canceled my lift and ship after it was booked with a new date.  They said they received a request and will not fix it.   They just don’t want to honor the lower price.  Who can I escalate this with?   Waiting hours to talk to supervisor!  

I would suggest taking this to royal Caribbean, not a message board not owned nor monitored by royal Caribbean. 

I’m in a similar position - we have paid our deposit to sale from Barcelona on Allure of the Seas in August. Final payment was due today so I called and they offered me lift and shift to same itinerary on Harmony next year from Barcelona - saying I would only have to pay difference in taxes and gratuities which seemed reasonable.

I had a guaranteed balcony room on Allure (where RC pick the room instead of me). They checked all dates 4 weeks either side of my cruise in 12 months time and said they cannot match a “guaranteed balcony” despite the fact there are million of balcony rooms available and said as it’s not like for like - I’d have to upgrade to a specific room category which would cost me over another £1300.

The operator spoke to her team leader but that’s the best offer they would make.

Can’t say I’m overly impressed with Royal’s service to be honest. 

Nope, they wouldn't budge on anything at all.  I was very polite throughout to the operator and after over 40 minutes on the phone trying to sort it today (because it is my final payment date) they cut me off. I have emailed customer services about it but I don't expect them to change their stance disappointingly.

51 minutes ago, PieEater said:

Nope, they wouldn't budge on anything at all.  I was very polite throughout to the operator and after over 40 minutes on the phone trying to sort it today (because it is my final payment date) they cut me off. I have emailed customer services about it but I don't expect them to change their stance disappointingly.

@PieEater Do you really want to do the cruise this year or would you rather wait until next year?   I don't know what happens if you don't make the final payment.  Otherwise, try calling back and be slightly less polite.  I guess it sometimes depends on who you talk to. I'm in a similar situation and I need to face making the decision soon.  One thing about booking a cruise a year ahead, the price tends to decrease and you can re-price.  However, being in the UK, I don't think those rules apply to you.  I think the Europe cruise season on Allure isn't likely so if Royal cancels they might be more willing to Lift and Shift then as compared to giving a refund.

1 hour ago, PieEater said:

I’m in a similar position - we have paid our deposit to sale from Barcelona on Allure of the Seas in August. Final payment was due today so I called and they offered me lift and shift to same itinerary on Harmony next year from Barcelona - saying I would only have to pay difference in taxes and gratuities which seemed reasonable.

I had a guaranteed balcony room on Allure (where RC pick the room instead of me). They checked all dates 4 weeks either side of my cruise in 12 months time and said they cannot match a “guaranteed balcony” despite the fact there are million of balcony rooms available and said as it’s not like for like - I’d have to upgrade to a specific room category which would cost me over another £1300.

The operator spoke to her team leader but that’s the best offer they would make.

I have the similar situation. I booked interior guarantee room on Allure and RC said Guarantee room is not available yet for next year Harmony of the seas. They cannot offer me   L&S.

Also RC didn’t offer any compensation for Allure not going to amplification this year. Very disappointed 

42 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

@PieEater Do you really want to do the cruise this year or would you rather wait until next year?   I don't know what happens if you don't make the final payment.  Otherwise, try calling back and be slightly less polite.  I guess it sometimes depends on who you talk to. I'm in a similar situation and I need to face making the decision soon.  One thing about booking a cruise a year ahead, the price tends to decrease and you can re-price.  However, being in the UK, I don't think those rules apply to you.  I think the Europe cruise season on Allure isn't likely so if Royal cancels they might be more willing to Lift and Shift then as compared to giving a refund.

No I don’t want to go on it this year. I honestly don’t see it going ahead to be fair and I booked because of the amplification. I’ve tried calling again - on hold for 45 mins and then said nothing they can do today but the “revenue” team MAY be able to assist me who only work Mon to Fri. 

22 minutes ago, GNW said:

I have the similar situation. I booked interior guarantee room on Allure and RC said Guarantee room is not available yet for next year Harmony of the seas. They cannot offer me   L&S.

Also RC didn’t offer any compensation for Allure not going to amplification this year. Very disappointed 

Yep that’s exactly me. I asked for a refund on the grounds that I booked due to the Amplification (which I genuinely did) but they were having none of it.  

32 minutes ago, PieEater said:

No I don’t want to go on it this year. I honestly don’t see it going ahead to be fair and I booked because of the amplification. I’ve tried calling again - on hold for 45 mins and then said nothing they can do today but the “revenue” team MAY be able to assist me who only work Mon to Fri. 

@PieEater The cruise with confidence rules may apply so if you wait to cancel, you shouldn't lose any deposit money.  Depends if you are booked refundable or not.  I would be reluctant to give them more money even if it is your final payment date.  I would be interested in knowing what happens if you accidentally forget to make the final payment.  (Not suggesting this because I don't know what would happen)  It really seems unfair when they don't cancel the cruises sooner.  I'm sure they are able to project more than 30 days about whether a cruise will be cancelled or not. I wish you luck.

1 hour ago, PieEater said:

It was final payment today ..... they agreed to give me a few days grace to make final payment whilst they see if they can offer me anything next week. I made sure to get the advisors name!!!! 
I’m almost certain it won’t be sailing but don’t want to hand over a lot more money and then wait 3 months for a refund!

Unless you have that in writing, I wouldn’t trust that a verbal agreement would be worth much as it’s your word against theirs. FWIW

• 11 months later...

royal caribbean royally screwed me over. they canceled my 1st cruise after i had paid for my airline ticket and hotel room 54 days till my cruise (and i called them the day before i purchased my NON REFUNDABLE tickets/reservation).  then told me i would need to do the lift and ship and that's where they put my money from the cruise they canceled (which i paid in full to begin with) to this lift and shift program. but because of personal issues they can't give me more that 1/4 of my money back. so now i'm out two grand (which includes my airfare and hotel room), even though i paid in full on the first cruise.  

18 hours ago, wynterhaven said:

royal caribbean royally screwed me over. they canceled my 1st cruise after i had paid for my airline ticket and hotel room 54 days till my cruise (and i called them the day before i purchased my NON REFUNDABLE tickets/reservation).  then told me i would need to do the lift and ship and that's where they put my money from the cruise they canceled (which i paid in full to begin with) to this lift and shift program. but because of personal issues they can't give me more that 1/4 of my money back. so now i'm out two grand (which includes my airfare and hotel room), even though i paid in full on the first cruise.  

This entire thread is a huge reason why using a TA on the front end can be invaluable.

Unlike an individual cruise customer, a TA typically does a HUGE amount of business with a cruise line and can typically resolve challenges in a heartbeat that might take someone doing a direct booking days of frustrating calls and emails to resolve.

Not to give you a hard time, but why would you purchase nonrefundable airline tickets (most of them issue credits if you need to cancel...that's why we love Southwest) and/or nonrefundable hotel reservations when you have multiple moving parts given COVID/normal travel delays, etc.? Most hotels I've done business with over the years will give you up until 24 hours prior to your check-in to cancel if needed.

On 6/13/2020 at 1:50 PM, PieEater said:

I didnt know Allure was sailing from Barcelona in August, im due to sail on her in August from Port Canaveral (Although not now due to the vaccination policy).

7 hours ago, icf75 said:

I didnt know Allure was sailing from Barcelona in August, im due to sail on her in August from Port Canaveral (Although not now due to the vaccination policy).

I guess you didn't notice the post you answered is from last year, 2020, when Allure was due to be in Europe. This year it's Harmony that's in Europe, not Allure. Sorry to hear you won't be able to make your sailing. ?

14 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I guess you didn't notice the post you answered is from last year, 2020, when Allure was due to be in Europe. This year it's Harmony that's in Europe, not Allure. Sorry to hear you won't be able to make your sailing. ?

I didn't think to look, you forget how long this has been going on for! ?