Allure of the seas revamp

We book 2 cruises back to back with Allure of the Seas for next May. If they are not going to do amplification then they will need to lower prices. When I book I was hoping it will be almost like new ship?

40 minutes ago, GNW said:

Does RC offers any compensation if the Allure not going to do amplifications. As I booked the cruise because of all the new facilities that they advertised.

They haven’t announced anything, but you if booked before August 1st are already covered by cruise with confidence and can get an FCC or lift and shift to a future date. 

26 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I'm not on Allure until Oct 21'......don't care about slides but was hoping she would get the new restaurants. Hopefully when they start back cruising after Sept, they will make enough revenue to amp her before then. If not it's no big deal, having a 2BR GS makes it worthwhile.

I’m on Allure 3-17 Oct.

1 minute ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm on Allure Jan 2022 (well, not anymore). Lift and Shift can't even be an option.  

No,  but since they first put out the rates for that far out I’d guess there wasn’t a lot of movement in pricing. So you could cancel, get the deposit as a FCC and use it for another sailing. 

10 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

No,  but since they first put out the rates for that far out I’d guess there wasn’t a lot of movement in pricing. So you could cancel, get the deposit as a FCC and use it for another sailing. 

I guess I actually could Lift and Shift to Liberty.  I booked a Jr. Suite on Allure.  I'd have to get a Jr Suite on Liberty, and then I could upgrade to a Grand Suite and pay the same price I had for the Allure JS.    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Oh shoot, I can't Lift and Shift to the same date.  DANGIT!!!

6 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm just going to take a refund.  Reading what others have gone through with FCC makes me start pulling my own hair out.

1 minute ago, Ampurp85 said:

@SpeedNoodles  Maybe by then they will have amped the ship.

@WAAAYTOOO Mines is the 31st of October but I have a S2S with Indy Nov 8th

They can't sail out of Galveston and they don't appear to know where it's sailing from, so who knows.

@SpeedNoodles I just realized this is why my L&S for Nov didn't go through. There are now no Allure itineraries after my 21' Halloween cruise. I would say 100% get the refund. I only took one FCC, for a cruise I choose to cancel, I cannot imagine the hassle of dealing with 5 or 6 FCCs and trying to apply them properly.

1 minute ago, Ampurp85 said:

@SpeedNoodles I just realized this is why my L&S for Nov didn't go through. There are now no Allure itineraries after my 21' Halloween cruise. I would say 100% get the refund. I only took one FCC, for a cruise I choose to cancel, I cannot imagine the hassle of dealing with 5 or 6 FCCs and trying to apply them properly.

The only positive for her is that it’s an itinerary that most likely only has a deposit on it now. 

16 hours ago, GNW said:

Does RC offers any compensation if the Allure not going to do amplifications. As I booked the cruise because of all the new facilities that they advertised.

No they won’t - think it’s only if your room isn’t available (as it wasn’t built in the refurb) they will offer you something. I asked to cancel because of it and they won’t refund my deposit. 

9 minutes ago, PieEater said:

No they won’t - think it’s only if your room isn’t available (as it wasn’t built in the refurb) they will offer you something. I asked to cancel because of it and they won’t refund my deposit. 

I hope they will allow me and my family to cancel and move to another ship without a penalty.  I booked with MEI so I hope they have some pull to make this happen.  I know Allure is a beautiful ship, but my 11 yo nephew was looking forward to so much of the new stuff.  He has only done a Disney Cruise and the new stuff (slides/escape room) is how we sold him on going on Royal.  

1 minute ago, DanielB said:

I hope they will allow me and my family to cancel and move to another ship without a penalty.  I booked with MEI so I hope they have some pull to make this happen.  I know Allure is a beautiful ship, but my 11 yo nephew was looking forward to so much of the new stuff.  He has only done a Disney Cruise and the new stuff (slides/escape room) is how we sold him on going on Royal.  

That’s exactly the same for us. I’m sure it’s a lovely ship as it is but we booked purely because of the amplification. I think they should refund us as it’s quite a significant change but they’re having none of it. 

18 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I guess I actually could Lift and Shift to Liberty.  I booked a Jr. Suite on Allure.  I'd have to get a Jr Suite on Liberty, and then I could upgrade to a Grand Suite and pay the same price I had for the Allure JS.    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Oh shoot, I can't Lift and Shift to the same date.  DANGIT!!!

Keep an eye out for your email from Royal.    They are rolling reservations on Allure Sailings from Galveston to same date on Liberty - price protected.

I was on (what would have been) the inaugural 4 day from Galveston.   Royal switched me to a. 7-day Liberty cruise.    This is the one exception to the same date switch.   The old 4 day was on Nov 10.  The 7 day will actually be November 7, 2021 voyage.