Cunard Extends Pause in Operations to November

1 minute ago, Jason12 said:

Generally they have older guests so might have something to do with it..??‍♂️

"Cunard President, Simon Palethorpe, said:  “With many differing restrictions across countries, people’s ability to move freely and safely across borders remains seemingly someway in the distance. For Cunard, where we celebrate having a truly international mix of guests and sail all over the world, this becomes particularly impactful."

30 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Can you imagine the guests walking around in full formal wear like tuxedos and also being in a mask? 

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

"Cunard President, Simon Palethorpe, said:  “With many differing restrictions across countries, people’s ability to move freely and safely across borders remains seemingly someway in the distance. For Cunard, where we celebrate having a truly international mix of guests and sail all over the world, this becomes particularly impactful."

Just had a thought. If masks are required onboard does that mean we can all temporarily agree that shorts in the MDR are fair game. If we’re all going to look ridiculous we might as well suspend any dress code. 

3 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Just had a thought. If masks are required onboard does that mean we can all temporarily agree that shorts in the MDR are fair game. If we’re all going to look ridiculous we might as well suspend any dress code. 

And would we need new passport photos so facial recognition will work?

New checkin photos for scanning our seapass cards?

Will Seaface masks be invisible to the cameras?

So many questions  ... so little logic ...???

47 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

I was thinking of making a mask out of fishnet stocking material. I have yet to see any mandatory mask rule say what kind of mask or what kind of material it has to be made of. :4_joy::4_joy:

10 minutes ago, Mrs. Thomas said:

I was thinking of making a mask out of fishnet stocking material. I have yet to see any mandatory mask rule say what kind of mask or what kind of material it has to be made of. :4_joy::4_joy:

I’ve always wanted to walk through downtown with a maniacal clown mask on. 

3 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

He won’t exactly say it’s because of the older guests directly but I’m sure it was a factor..average age on most cruises is Over 60 

6 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Maybe it’s because @Jerel and @monorailmedic booked. They couldn’t let that happen. 

11 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

Can you imagine the guests walking around in full formal wear like tuxedos and also being in a mask? 

Ohmygoodness yes! I can totally picture the black masks with the satin stripe on the edge! Or covered in sequins! Yes... I see a new revenue stream for the fashion industry! ? 

1 hour ago, KristiZ said:

Ohmygoodness yes! I can totally picture the black masks with the satin stripe on the edge! Or covered in sequins! Yes... I see a new revenue stream for the fashion industry! ? 

I can imagine reading the daily planner now, “formal masks are required after 5pm”