Big reduction in Deluxe Drinks Package for August 2020 sailing.

Even though I seriously doubt my planned cruise on Allure of the Seas for 9th August 2020 out of Barcelona will sail, I have noted that in recent days the cost of the Deluxe Drinks Package has dropped to £34.20 per day (about $43) from previously sitting at £45.60 ($58) for around the last six months.

Wonder if this is an attempt by Royal Caribbean to encourage people to stay with the saling and not cancel, or perhaps an attempt to get some revenue in?

Love the name PieEater  I’m used to hearing that a lot living in the North West of England ?

I noticed the drink package for my Oct 2020 Canaries cruise (if it happens ?) dropped from constantly being at £47 ($59) per day to £36 ($45). I love how easy it is to cancel the one I bought at the higher price and then get this better deal. Saved myself a few £’s and RC refunded me the money within 10 days ?. If it drops even further I will swap it again.

Stay Safe everyone 

43 minutes ago, Leealdo said:

Love the name PieEater  I’m used to hearing that a lot living in the North West of England ?

I noticed the drink package for my Oct 2020 Canaries cruise (if it happens ?) dropped from constantly being at £47 ($59) per day to £36 ($45). I love how easy it is to cancel the one I bought at the higher price and then get this better deal. Saved myself a few £’s and RC refunded me the money within 10 days ?. If it drops even further I will swap it again.

Stay Safe everyone 

We are on the same sailing and spotted that too. We are hoping we receive our 125% OBC before the cost goes back up. I know we could book now and then cancel/re-book when the OBC arrives but given the amount of time that refunds are currently taking I do not really want to tie up that amount of money. The fact that a significant proportion of our spend will be "free" RCCL money means we are fortunate that if the price does increase beforehand it will not be end of the world, but who doesn't love a bargain? ?

3 hours ago, Ian T said:

We are on the same sailing and spotted that too. We are hoping we receive our 125% OBC before the cost goes back up. I know we could book now and then cancel/re-book when the OBC arrives but given the amount of time that refunds are currently taking I do not really want to tie up that amount of money. The fact that a significant proportion of our spend will be "free" RCCL money means we are fortunate that if the price does increase beforehand it will not be end of the world, but who doesn't love a bargain? ?

Don't use your OBC for CP purchases on a cruise that you fear will be cancelled. Used OBC isn't typically refunded in the same way as CC purchases. OBC tends to be "use it on the cruise or lose it forever - even if the cruise is cancelled."

19 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Don't use your OBC for CP purchases on a cruise that you fear will be cancelled. Used OBC isn't typically refunded in the same way as CC purchases. OBC tends to be "use it on the cruise or lose it forever - even if the cruise is cancelled."

Thanks for the warning.

I understand that this is the case for OBC provided by RCCL as a perk (I can't say I agree with it as I sadly lost $600 in free OBC from the same cancelled sailing, but it is what it is ?), but it's worrying if RCCL is adopting the same rule for OBC that a guest has taken in lieu of a refund of money paid on an earlier cancelled booking which is, after all, helping RCCL's cash flow! ? 

I hope they are not, of course, but may play it safe and apply it to our Feb 2021 cruise instead... no-one likes to hear "I told you so"!! ?

49 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

OBC tends to be "use it on the cruise or lose it forever - even if the cruise is cancelled."

Is this true ?  If you put an OBC FCC on another cruise and that cruise is cancelled, you lose the OBC completely ?  They don't reissue another FCC ??

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Is this true ?  If you put an OBC FCC on another cruise and that cruise is cancelled, you lose the OBC completely ?  They don't reissue another FCC ??

In the new world of 2020 and all the changes, that remains to be seen. I don't think I would want to take a chance of "spending" it to find out that it was gone because it had been "used." I doubt any unused OBC related to all the current swirl will be lost but what has already been "spent" might be. Impossible to fully predict at this point.