Came across something interesting on the app today

I was just allaying cruise withdrawal (as you do ?by playing around with the app this morning and on Symphony I came across an addition that jumps right out at you on the front page: a tab with a little red ball and the words "Learn about safety at sea". When you click on it opens up a page with a short video demonstration of how to put on your life jacket along with other "muster-type" information.

It piqued my curiosity enough to check every other ship on the app and Symphony is the only one to have this. I'm probably overthinking it, but I couldn't help wondering if that might be a tenuous indication that they are planning the re-start with Symphony.

Apologies in advance if someone else has already posted about this but I don't remember seeing any mention of it before.

28 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I was just allaying cruise withdrawal (as you do ?by playing around with the app this morning and on Symphony I came across an addition that jumps right out at you on the front page: a tab with a little red ball and the words "Learn about safety at sea". When you click on it opens up a page with a short video demonstration of how to put on your life jacket along with other "muster-type" information.

It piqued my curiosity enough to check every other ship on the app and Symphony is the only one to have this. I'm probably overthinking it, but I couldn't help wondering if that might be a tenuous indication that they are planning the re-start with Symphony.

Apologies in advance if someone else has already posted about this but I don't remember seeing any mention of it before.

Interesting. Was hoping it might just need a real reservation to pull up on a different ship, but alas it’s not there for our August Harmony cruise. I can see it if I pop into a random symphony sailing and see it. 

Just had a thought, but think I just talked myself out of it. They could use the app to push a muster information notification to every cell phone connected to the ship’s WiFi. 
But then I remembered that since phones still work on day 1 almost no one connects to the ships WiFi as it’s slower than OTA networks. One solution would be giving everyone free WiFi on day 1 so you’d be able to track who completed the muster training. 

8 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Interesting. Was hoping it might just need a real reservation to pull up on a different ship, but alas it’s not there for our August Harmony cruise. I can see it if I pop into a random symphony sailing and see it. 

Yup, it appears on all of the Symphony ones and on none of the others. I don't have a booking on Symphony myself, and my Harmony booking is too far in the future to be showing on the app yet. I was just looking at random stuff and happened to notice it. I wondered if it was connected with the e-muster thing I remember reading about.

2 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

Just had a thought, but think I just talked myself out of it. They could use the app to push a muster information notification to every cell phone connected to the ship’s WiFi. 
But then I remembered that since phones still work on day 1 almost no one connects to the ships WiFi as it’s slower than OTA networks. One solution would be giving everyone free WiFi on day 1 so you’d be able to track who completed the muster training. 

I might be mis-remembering but I think I read that you can connect to the app without paying for WiFi, which would actually make your idea a feasible possibility, I would think. Anyone with a smartphone could do the e-muster which would significantly reduce the numbers of those having to attend in person.

41 minutes ago, Leroyr55 said:

Does anybody use the IPad app? It does not give you any information on your cruise. Just says we’re working on the fun.

That's what my cruises after September say, too.  My August Symphony has the "safety" link and my September Liberty cruise does not have the link but does allow you to open it.

5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Interesting.  I checked again and now that link is appearing on my Sept. Liberty sailing, too.  It wasn't there 30 minutes ago.

Correction.  It is appearing on my iPad app for Liberty but is STILL not showing this link on the app on my phone.

3 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I can't even see any cruises on the app past the Brilliance canceled cruise. I remember where I used to be able to find "other booked sailings" but I can't find it there anymore.

Tap the "person/head shoulders" at the top. Under the sailing details should be "Select a different sailing"

2 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I can't even see any cruises on the app past the Brilliance canceled cruise. I remember where I used to be able to find "other booked sailings" but I can't find it there anymore.

Mine are all showing up in the app but when I try and click on them I get the message “We’re working on the fun”.  The only cruises that I am actually able to “open” are my August Symphony and September Liberty.

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I might be mis-remembering but I think I read that you can connect to the app without paying for WiFi, which would actually make your idea a feasible possibility, I would think. Anyone with a smartphone could do the e-muster which would significantly reduce the numbers of those having to attend in person.

Yes, and it’s a great feature for days 2-7 of a cruise. Without WiFi-assist on (where LtE connections help out with slow WiFi) joining the WiFi cuts off the usable connection.