Suite Lounge

6 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

I just imagine a giant glass sorter to send all the custom glasses back to the correct restaurants and bars around the ship. 

You joke about that but it is true to an extent. I remember being on Oasis in the Champagne  Bar and they had started to run short on martini glasses. Guests had been taking them out of the bar to other various areas. That caused the supply they could wash and have on-hand very limited.

How I also learned that the various bars had their own wash areas for glasses. Case of the Champagne Bar they used a station over by Boleros. 

One of the tasks given to the bar back was running all over to ship to reclaim glassware. Also came back with various "finds", few lucky guests had their drinks done up in the "fishbowl" style glass 150 used. Once everything shutdown at night was the bar's opportunity to sort and resupply their stock.

44 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

You joke about that but it is true to an extent. I remember being on Oasis in the Champagne  Bar and they had started to run short on martini glasses. Guests had been taking them out of the bar to other various areas. That caused the supply they could wash and have on-hand very limited.

How I also learned that the various bars had their own wash areas for glasses. Case of the Champagne Bar they used a station over by Boleros. 

One of the tasks given to the bar back was running all over to ship to reclaim glassware. Also came back with various "finds", few lucky guests had their drinks done up in the "fishbowl" style glass 150 used. Once everything shutdown at night was the bar's opportunity to sort and resupply their stock.

Now you’ve got me imaging teams from particular bars holding other glasses hostage until they get their glasses back. 

All of this talk of glasses made me think of a event on the Adventure in 2015. It was a Sunday in the fall which meant football on a sea day. The venues were packed with boisterous fans having  great time. It was also the Captain's welcome reception night. Coinciding with the game crowds was the well practiced setup of hundreds upon hundreds of full champagne glasses for the impending reception as the late games wound down In a moment of celebration one fan danced unaware into the tables of Champagne. The tumbling dominoes of sparkling wine were impressive to witness! Perhaps even more impressive was the crew who had it cleaned and fully replaced in a matter of minutes.

We were on a ship where the Suite concierge wouldn't let people leave with drinks in there hand, this was several years ago, by that i mean within the last 2-3 years range.  This was the one and only time I've seen that happen.  No explanation was given as to why you couldn't leave either.  It could have been that persons first time as a concierge, it didn't bother us but several guest weren't happy.

28 minutes ago, mworkman said:

We were on a ship where the Suite concierge wouldn't let people leave with drinks in there hand, this was several years ago, by that i mean within the last 2-3 years range.  This was the one and only time I've seen that happen.  No explanation was given as to why you couldn't leave either.  It could have been that persons first time as a concierge, it didn't bother us but several guest weren't happy.

And I have seen it to the other extreme as well. I saw a patron having his insulated soda cup being filled at the suite lounge bar with a tall Gin and Tonic to go! ??

1 hour ago, Ogilthorpe said:

And I have seen it to the other extreme as well. I saw a patron having his insulated soda cup being filled at the suite lounge bar with a tall Gin and Tonic to go! ??

That does bring up a topic that I’m sure will cause lots of angry people. I’m going to assume that unlike before where the ask was “don’t fill your cup directly, use a clean cup” that outside cups will be forbidden for a while. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the reusable cups gone for a while either. 

23 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

I just imagine a giant glass sorter to send all the custom glasses back to the correct restaurants and bars around the ship. 

16 hours ago, CGTLH said:

I always think about this when in Vegas as people exit with a hotels glassware often - I get a lot of the hotels are under a larger parent company (MGM for example) but it must cause complications (and maybe money for always buying new glasses?).

3 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

I always think about this when in Vegas as people exit with a hotels glassware often - I get a lot of the hotels are under a larger parent company (MGM for example) but it must cause complications (and maybe money for always buying new glasses?).

I’m actually surprised the cops don’t police that one more often. While Vegas doesn’t have an open container law, glass is expressly prohibited whether alcoholic or not.