Favorite NotCruise activity

We all love visiting ports, sliding down the Abyss and catching those showings of Cats....j/k about that one. But those all cruise activities. I want to know what are some of your favorites things to do that are semi-regular?

Like I love reading on decks, in the Solarium, and on my balcony. Even though people are mucking about, its often the best part of my cruise. Normally I can finish a book a day even with activities. There is nothing like tipsy reading on a ship.

Although my brother has only been on river cruises, he loves the gym. Whenever he goes, there is nobody in there so he has his choice of machines, way better than at home.

I gauge nonstandard cruise activities by the crowd in many cases. I would say our favorite is hanging out at the bar on the suite deck (sometimes listed as the after deck) on Oasis class ships. There very few passengers there usually, and we enjoyed the company and conversations with some highly skilled and very personable bartenders. On Quantum class ships the suite deck has no bar. But is also rarely used and a relaxing place to hang out. ... I hope I haven't given away any secrets ???

For me it’s the chance to have a relaxed breakfast, whether that’s in the WJ or MDR. No rush to scarf down my food, or worry about logging on to work. If there’s any rush it’s purely because I booked some excursion or activity that starts early.

Doing that in Two70 Lounge was bliss, looking out those huge aft windows and watching the wake or just catching up on reading.

21 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Doing that in Two70 Lounge was bliss, looking out those huge aft windows and watching the wake or just catching up on reading.

Yes!!  This ^^^^

I love the Two70 and at key times it has virtually nobody in attendance and has outstanding views as well as a great bar.

When with friends my favorite parts of the day were sitting by the pool, reading, drinking and people watching.  At night it's the after part, whether sitting at the table for too long or changing to comfortable clothes and sitting all together with an after dinner drink.

Solo - reading everywhere and anywhere with a view. A meal on the balcony overlooking beautiful water. having a good conversation with a stranger.

10 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Like I love reading on decks, in the Solarium, and on my balcony. Even though people are mucking about, its often the best part of my cruise. Normally I can finish a book a day even with activities. There is nothing like tipsy reading on a ship

YES!

1 hour ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I was going to suggest that @Baked Alaska looks to be in need of a haircut. :10_wink:

Andramadachs Magic Man O'Shadowood, AKA "Manny Joe" (or "Manfred Josef", when he's in a bit of trouble) is getting a groom this weekend, his favorite non-cruise activity (seriously), well besides rolling in dead worms and bird poop.