Chatting (Texting) Feature of the Royal App

I remember reading somewhere that RC hopes to have the chatting (texting) feature of their app rolled out by the end of 2020.  However, that was "BC" (Before COVID).  Does anyone know if they are still working on it?  In particular, I'd like to know if it will ready for our Vision OTS cruise at the end of January 2021.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, baltodave said:

I remember reading somewhere that RC hopes to have the chatting (texting) feature of their app rolled out by the end of 2020.  However, that was "BC" (Before COVID).  Does anyone know if they are still working on it?  In particular, I'd like to know if it will ready for our Vision OTS cruise at the end of January 2021.

Thanks!

I haven’t seen any updates past Harmony and Allure. Would be great if they used the downtime of the networks to preform the necessary updates. 

Also, even for the ships that have it, the chat feature doesn't have push notifications, so you won't know if someone sends you a message unless you're always checking it.  For me, it kind of defeats the purpose.  I'm looking forward to that feature improving. 

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm not aware of any progress on that front. I think there hasn't been much, if any, work done because it requires employees to be onboard or in HQ.

It may not even be their employees, last time I was on Harmony there was a group of contractors around the ship all week working on the IT infrastructure.