Cruise with confidence policy

Hello

i am thinking of booking a cruise on rcl for 2021, I am trying to understand this cruise with confidence policy 

if I book this month for sailing for April 2021 and then cancel a month prior to sailing would I be able to get all my money back including the non refundable deposit to use for a year as cruise credit ? I just want to make sure I am understanding this new policy correctly

thanks everyone 

Welcome to the blog, @TravelerDO.  I am not certain of the dates where CWC applies (it has a finite end date) but I do know that CWC does NOT include a cash refund.  If you were to be able to use CWC for your April 21 cruise, you would receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the amount of your cruise fare.  All taxes, ports fees and gratuities (if you prepaid them) would be refunded to you as a credit to the credit card you used to pay.  Any Cruise Planner purchases (food, drinks, spa etc) would be refunded as a credit card refund.  CWC applies whether you have a refundable or non-refundable deposit.

Yes, you would be able to cancel. However, you would need to book before August 1st as that is currently the date the program ends.

Concerned about traveling? Looking for flexibility in your plans?

As of May 6, 2020, our enhanced Cruise with Confidence program gives you even more flexibility.

Whether you’re already booked on a cruise, or are thinking about it, we want you to Cruise with Confidence. That’s why Royal Caribbean will let you cancel any cruise that sets sail from now through April 30, 2022. Whether it’s a booking you already have or one you make right now through August 1, 2020, you’re covered. As long as you cancel at least 48 hours before your sail date, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit. The credit is valid through December 31, 2021 or 12 months from your original canceled sail date (whichever is longer) and can be used for any open sailings at the time of booking.

As of May 6, 2020 we have also added the new "Best Price Guarantee" and "Lift and Shift" options outlined below. If you opted into our Cruise with Confidence program before May 6, please learn more about that program here.

Just now, TravelerDO said:

Thanks everyone 

I really want to make the booking before August 1 to get that cancellation protection I just want sure I had understood the terms properly

thanks once again 

No problem, and be sure to have a good travel agent that can help through those steps in case you need to cancel. 

Just now, Andrew72681 said:

No problem, and be sure to have a good travel agent that can help through those steps in case you need to cancel. 

Which travel agent would you recommend ? My husband wanted to use costcotravel or book with royal Caribbean directly but of course the RCL customer service has super long waits now because of the pandemic 

thanks 

Just now, TravelerDO said:

Which travel agent would you recommend ? My husband wanted to use costcotravel or book with royal Caribbean directly but of course the RCL customer service has super long waits now because of the pandemic 

thanks 

I have done lots of bookings with Costco, but our November sailing will be the last. It has been impossible to get ahold of them, and being limited service they aren’t helpful. At least in RC’s lines you can wait on hold, with Costco it’s just been “due to unprecedented call volume, we can not take your call” and the system hangs up. and there’s no way to communicate over email with them.

MEI travel supports @Matt by sponsoring the blog, and several of their agents hang out in the message boards, @michelle, @AnnetteJackson among others. 

13 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

One thing I didn’t think about till booking a cruise the other day is how CWC changes the math on refundable/non-refundable deposits. It makes it much easier to have non-refundable placeholders in for next year.

Good thinking! So if I understand correctly, I could book a non refundable cruise before Aug 1st for anytime until April 2020 and if I were to cancel before final payment due date I could just get my deposit back as an FCC? Pretty clever. 

22 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

One thing I didn’t think about till booking a cruise the other day is how CWC changes the math on refundable/non-refundable deposits. It makes it much easier to have non-refundable placeholders in for next year.

When we originally booked our spa cabin on Symphony  (pre covid) we did a refundable.  Once RCL came out during Covid announcing they would not roll out that new category, we contacted our TA.  He immediately said go with a non-refundable because of CWC. 

13 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

When we originally booked our spa cabin on Symphony  (pre covid) we did a refundable.  Once RCL came out during Covid announcing they would not roll out that new category, we contacted our TA.  He immediately said go with a non-refundable because of CWC. 

We’ve done the same. When I called to book quantum this week the agent meet trying to get me to book refundable. I let him know that with other cruises to transfer the FCC to there was no point. 

15 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

did your spa balcony cabin credit come this week? Ours finally came along with the rooms getting assigned back. 

1 hour ago, Andrew72681 said:

did your spa balcony cabin credit come this week?

Actually when we 1st booked, we did it with a refundable.  We just cancelled, keeping our deposit, and placed it towards the JS.  That is when our TA said bc now they offer the CWC for that cruise, and we always have travel insurance, there was no reason in his mind that we should pay the higher price with the refundable, but instead go non-refundable.

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaaargh........I just booked a Spacious Oceanview Balcony on the Radiance Transpacific in Sept 2021 and paid the extra for the refundable deposit and now the price has gone up.

Can anyone please answer a question for me.  I have a 125% FCC from a cruise on Voyager which was cancelled in March.  If I apply this FCC to this new booking to get the new CwC conditions and pay the balance by the due date but then have to cancel due to no flights between Australia and Honolulu or the cruise gets cancelled by Royal, do I get a new FCC for a further 12 months or do I get the original back (which has to be used by Dec '21) and a new FCC for the differance?

Otherwise, should I just hold off using the FCC until the due date?