Celebrity Eclipse & Millennium in San Diego

DDaley

I got up to freshen my cocktail and lo and behold! Eclipse was at the closest possible spot to my apartment, the Dole loading dock! I have never seen anything other than Dole ships here (Caribbean, Atlantic and Pacific) so it was shocking and I had to run out for a pic. Celebrity Millennium is featured in the background at anchor. I can see crew members on the balconies! ? ?

IMG_5464.thumb.jpg.3501b5282c2dd4bfc0e139f30f0f498f.jpg

18 hours ago, DDaley said:

I got up to freshen my cocktail and lo and behold! Eclipse was at the closest possible spot to my apartment, the Dole loading dock! I have never seen anything other than Dole ships here (Caribbean, Atlantic and Pacific) so it was shocking and I had to run out for a pic. Celebrity Millennium is featured in the background at anchor. I can see crew members on the balconies! ? ?

IMG_5464.thumb.jpg.3501b5282c2dd4bfc0e139f30f0f498f.jpg

I love that San Diego port, it’s so convenient to the airport. If I had a choice for Royal to return to California I’d take San Diego over LA all day everyday. 

• 3 weeks later...

Following the lead of RCL, Celebrity has removed all it's bookings on or before September 15th from their web site. I had fancifully hoped that the CLIA announcement that it's membership was voluntarily suspending cruise operations through September 15th was a jab at the CDC that would prompt them to get serious about negotiating an end to the No-Sail-Order on or before July 24th.

However, there is no official announcement from either RCL or Celebrity regarding how a booked cruise that is cancelled by either company will be handled ..... 125% FCC or full refund as has been the protocol for both companies in the past. No official cancellation announcements of any kind have been made by Celebrity.

I have such a cruise booked on August 1st (8n S. Caribbean on Equinox out of Fort Lauderdale). I've already applied one 125% FCC to that cruise and it is paid in full. If I read the "ifs and and buts" correctly AND Celebrity does, in fact, cancel this cruise, I will receive the value of the previously applied FCC combined into one future FCC that will be 125% of the value of the original booking minus the value of the previously applied FCC ..... this is enough to make your head spin.  I wonder who though this all up?

The booking I have for a west bound translant/repositioning cruise on Apex from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale in October still shows up as a bookable cruise. That's encouraging. If the FCC I anticipate I will receive from Celebrity for the cancelled August 1st S. Caribbean cruise is the value I think it is going to be, I will apply that to the October booking.

The kicker is that I'm not convinced Celebrity is actually going to officially cancel the August 1st sailing before I am scheduled to make full payment for the October cruise on July 14th. They could delay announcing cancellations to stave of another wave of refund requests that could be harrowing for RCL/Celebrity. Back-up plan then would be to apply that FCC once it is confirmed to  bookings I have in December 2020 or March of 2021.

Man, these are crazy time for cruisers!!!