Ocean View Panoramic (No Balcony) Suites - yes or no

Has anyone ever stayed in one of the Ocean View Panoramic (No Balcony) Suites (looking at Independence, if it matters) ? We typically book some type of balcony room, but wondering if we should venture out into unknown waters, just to try it. 

Would appreciate any thoughts, feedback and experiences you care to share!

Thanks!

I have stayed in an Ocean View Panoramic, but not the suite. We stayed in one of the rooms on Explorer. Explorer is an older ship, and the Panoramic rooms were built in 2016, so it felt like we were staying on a brand new ship. The windows were incredible! Absolutely loved the panoramic glass view, highly recommend the rooms on the sides of the ship so that all you see is ocean and not the bow of the ship.

1 hour ago, Andrew72681 said:

How much do you really need the balcony? also, how much difference will the full fledged suite perks make?

Need a balcony....  or want balcony - that's the real question. Not sure, always had one, so I don't know if I would miss it or not. 

You get full fledged suite perks with this room category - VP. Is it worth it on the Freedom class of ships, IDK? 

I know all of this is truly personal decision, but just wanted to know if anyone really loved or really hated these types of cabins. 

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Need a balcony....  or want balcony - that's the real question. Not sure, always had one, so I don't know if I would miss it or not. 

You get full fledged suite perks with this room category - VP. Is it worth it on the Freedom class of ships, IDK? 

I know all of this is truly personal decision, but just wanted to know if anyone really loved or really hated these types of cabins. 

Thanks!

We’ve toyed with that room as well as the space looks great, I think if I was on a very port intensive cruise (like Freedom out of San Juan) I’d like it better. 
It would be a slam dunk if they would have rolled out the Royal Suites Class program on the Freedom class. Do you think you would get much benefit out of the Suites Lounge?

26 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

We’ve toyed with that room as well as the space looks great, I think if I was on a very port intensive cruise (like Freedom out of San Juan) I’d like it better. 
It would be a slam dunk if they would have rolled out the Royal Suites Class program on the Freedom class. Do you think you would get much benefit out of the Suites Lounge?

You have a great point - port intensive = slam dunk! The cruise I'm looking is not, well usual Western Caribbean stops. Not sure if I'll get off the ship - well, maybe Perfect Day at Coco Cay - I'll get off the ship for that. So, I think you have helped me decide. Balcony it is. Enjoy the outside, the water and the view from my own balcony! Heck, with the savings maybe I'll treat myself to some room service! ?  Thanks! 

IF and that's a big if my sailing goes 3 August 2020 I have that cabin booked on the Mariner. I have always had a balcony but I wanted to try it, the sailing is only 4 nights. Also on the Mariner it seems as though I can be outdoors in a few seconds same deck, so I booked it. I really like the fact this one has a full and half bath. Teenage daughter made the final decision for me, she can have the half bath. Since it does have full suite benefits also we figured how bad can it be? I say go for it! You never know unless you try :)

IMO, on the Freedom class ships, the biggest suites perks are breakfast in Chops (usually Chops) and access to the suites lounge and Concierge.  If you have a Dining Package the Concierge can make those reservations for you before you sail, which is a nice service.  

Personally, I would probably go with the suite just to experience the different room type. Then you’ll know if you can live without a balcony and you’ll get to experience the suite life.  The extra 1/2 bath is a nice touch, too.

1 hour ago, Ron Rico said:

You have a great point - port intensive = slam dunk! The cruise I'm looking is not, well usual Western Caribbean stops. Not sure if I'll get off the ship - well, maybe Perfect Day at Coco Cay - I'll get off the ship for that. So, I think you have helped me decide. Balcony it is. Enjoy the outside, the water and the view from my own balcony! Heck, with the savings maybe I'll treat myself to some room service! ?  Thanks! 

Take that savings and get an unlimited dining package.