Galveston & New Orleans to Coco Cay

So, Sweetheart & I have basically decided not to travel until next year. BUT, I am hoping against hope that it will be safe for our 4th anniversary - April 2021. We've done one Carnival (on the Fantasy, insert sad trombones here) and are interested in branching out. We're not interested in flying or driving more than about 10 hours, so Galveston & New Orleans it is! It looks like the only thing that gets us to Coco Cay from there is Majesty in 2021. No balconies. Just like the Fantasy. ? Is it an older ship? 

Majesty is one of the oldest and smallest in the fleet (number two behind Empress who is smaller and ever so slightly older).  Like the Fantasy she doesn't have the latest bells and whistles but she has everything to provide a great but classic type of cruise.  

To put it in perspective, Majesty is less than 1/3 the gross tonnage of Royal's largest cruise ships.  As you can imagine three times the space provides a lot of room for new venues and activities.  Majesty and Fantasy are from the same era, 1992 vs. 1990 and they are roughly the same size.  In that sense you can expect a similar classic cruise.  

Unfortunately from Galveston the newer and bigger ships historically don't include a stop at CocoCay.   It's possible a bigger ship might visit CocoCay from Galveston one day but unfortunatly the bigger ships can't get into Key West so itineraries have limited stops once in the general direction of CocoCay and the Bahamas. 

There were some sailings this summer to CocoCay from Galveston but those have been canceled. I was booked on the June 12th sailing. FWIW I was able to lift and shift to a similar sailing out of cape liberty on Oasis of the seas. Bummed I have to want a year to cruise but can’t wait to be on oasis. 

How romantic to plan your 4th wedding anniversary!

I have been "dating" my DH for 40 years with 35 years of wedded bliss.

If you are truly that young, then life is a great adventure, and you can travel anywhere and everywhere and just enjoy the ride.

When I was young I went on some ancient cruise ships/liners, made completely of metal inside and out, with hardly any of the activities that one finds today.  But it was the cruise experience itself that was so memorable, not all the ship bells and whistles.

I am not sure that all of the schedules for next year have been firmed up, so you can have a little bit of patience and flexibility before booking.  If you can tweak your driving to potentially include Jacksonville, Port Canaveral and Tampa, you will have a wealth of additional options to choose from.

Happy planning!