Strategic "Lift and Shift"?

We had our Oasis May 10th cruise obviously cancelled so I jumped to reschedule Sept 6th with an insane price. Well I am hearing a reading a ton that cruises aren't going to start in the NY/NJ area any time soon. Maybe not this year at all. Assuming we are going to be cancelled but want to wait till the last minute to "lift and shift" when would you say we should "lift and shift"? Once they cancel you can't lift and shift so looking for a strategic "lift and shift" time? I ask it this way because we want to sail but don't want to lose the price we paid. Thanks for any insight. 

20 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

We had our Oasis May 10th cruise obviously cancelled so I jumped to reschedule Sept 6th with an insane price. Well I am hearing a reading a ton that cruises aren't going to start in the NY/NJ area any time soon. Maybe not this year at all. Assuming we are going to be cancelled but want to wait till the last minute to "lift and shift" when would you say we should "lift and shift"? Once they cancel you can't lift and shift so looking for a strategic "lift and shift" time? I ask it this way because we want to sail but don't want to lose the price we paid. Thanks for any insight. 

I would probably say around July 1st. By that point it looks like we’ll have a better idea, I think as everything heading north has already been canceled I wouldn’t feel good about them opening the port. Also, they’ve said there will be a staggered phased in approach, starting in August, so If I’m you I’m running through the machinations of return order and probably figuring anywhere from 4-8 weeks after startup I don’t see Oasis coming back, especially only for a few weeks before heading to home port in Florida. 

1 minute ago, Andrew72681 said:

I would probably say around July 1st. By that point it looks like we’ll have a better idea, I think as everything heading north has already been canceled I wouldn’t feel good about them opening the port. Also, they’ve said there will be a staggered phased in approach, starting in August, so If I’m you I’m running through the machinations of return order and probably figuring anywhere from 4-8 weeks after startup I don’t see Oasis coming back, especially only for a few weeks before heading to home port in Florida. 

Sad but all true. Really depressed about all this. Let me start looking at what we can move it to for next year. Has to be with a week or something of this years cruise? Is that right? 

1 minute ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Sad but all true. Really depressed about all this. Let me start looking at what we can move it to for next year. Has to be with a week or something of this years cruise? Is that right? 

Plus or minus 4 weeks. So for example if you were in 9/15 you’d have the four weeks prior and four weeks after. 

33 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Once they cancel you can't lift and shift so looking for a strategic "lift and shift" time?

Not completely true... the first few rounds missed out (including our 5/31 sailing), but they added “Lift & Shift” to the last 2 rounds of cancellations as a third option along with 125% FCC and full refund. They may do the same going forward... no guarantee of course!

We are in a similar situation with our 10/4 Oasis sailing... might have to move that one... tough decision!

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/05/20/royal-caribbean-will-cancel-all-sailings-through-july-31-due-coronavirus

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/06/02/royal-caribbean-cancels-2020-alaska-canadanew-england-and-hawaii-cruises

6 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Plus or minus 4 weeks. So for example if you were in 9/15 you’d have the four weeks prior and four weeks after. 

3 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Not completely true... the first few rounds missed out (including our 5/31 sailing), but they added “Lift & Shift” to the last 2 rounds of cancellations as a third option along with 125% FCC and full refund. They may do the same going forward... no guarantee of course!

We are in a similar situation with our 10/4 Oasis sailing... might have to move that one... tough decision!

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/05/20/royal-caribbean-will-cancel-all-sailings-through-july-31-due-coronavirus

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/06/02/royal-caribbean-cancels-2020-alaska-canadanew-england-and-hawaii-cruises

Oh thank you. Oh cool, it's 4 weeks. We could go in the heart or August at the price we paid got September! 

If we could wait till they cancel and still lift and shift I'd be ecstatic! 

18 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Oh thank you. Oh cool, it's 4 weeks. We could go in the heart or August at the price we paid got September! 

If we could wait till they cancel and still lift and shift I'd be ecstatic! 

I’m guessing this is a Perfect day sailing on Oasis rather than Bermuda or one of those others? If so, there may be other ships, sailings available to you in the lift and shift if Oasis next year isn’t ideal. Remember, it needs to be the same number of days, and general itinerary region. Ship can change. 

10 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

I’m guessing this is a Perfect day sailing on Oasis rather than Bermuda or one of those others? If so, there may be other ships, sailings available to you in the lift and shift if Oasis next year isn’t ideal. Remember, it needs to be the same number of days, and general itinerary region. Ship can change. 

I just checked, plenty of Oasis sailing next August that we can move to. Yeah it's Coco Cay cruise. Thanks for the info. 

3 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

And not sure if you had any kids coming along, but it’s a great deal if you get to move from a KSF sailing to a standard sailing. 

That also, we almost always book KSF so getting that in August would be incredible. We paid with FCC for the Sept cruise, 1355 in a central park balcony. Does using FCC for the cruise effect lift and shift? 

29 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

So apparently we can't lift and sift our Sept 6th cruise, that is what I was told. At least we can't yet I guess. Its not on the list or not extended to Sept. I'm not sure but we can't lift and shift as of now. I'm certain we aren't sailing either though.

We have September 20th on Oasis and I'm not hopeful - looking at September 19th, 2021... As you previously stated, Oasis is still here next year and plenty of CocoCay cruises. I'm doing the same, I'll pay in full and see what announcements they make in the coming weeks.

Edited by sk8erguy1978
typo

20 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

We have September 20th on Oasis and I'm not hopeful - looking at September 19th, 2021... As you previously stated, Oasis is still here next year and plenty of CocoCay cruises. I'm doing the same, I'll pay in full and see what announcements they make in the coming weeks.

I don't know what to do, its all limbo. I'm hearing rumor after rumor that there will be no sailing from NJ at all, and certainly no Oasis cruises from NJ. Its all just so depressing. 

33 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I don't know what to do, its all limbo. I'm hearing rumor after rumor that there will be no sailing from NJ at all, and certainly no Oasis cruises from NJ. Its all just so depressing. 

I’m on the 16 August Oasis out of NJ and I am more confident that it will sail.  I was originally on the 4 July sailing that was cancelled.  We were never given the opportunity to check in on the 4 July sailing but we are able to check in on the 16 August sailing so I am viewing that as a positive.  Fingers crossed!

Just now, Loops said:

I’m on the 16 August Oasis out of NJ and I am more confident that it will sail.  I was originally on the 4 July sailing that was cancelled.  We were never given the opportunity to check in on the 4 July sailing but we are able to check in on the 16 August sailing so I am viewing that as a positive.  Fingers crossed!

Please God, please I hope you are right and you sail. If you still, we sail. I'm just seeing so many negative reports and eventually it gets to me. Then I heard the rumors of  Oasis is not coming up to NJ and Cape Liberty may not have any sailings this year at all. Then the negativity really got to me. 

2 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yep. Same. I'm doing all the stuff as if it's a go. It does screw with planning next year. We are looking at the 9/19/21 Oasis sailing but if this is a go, we might not want to do the exact same cruise the following year. I'll half be surprised it's cancelled and half be surprised it's not. Of course there is the "what will onboard life be like less than 8 weeks after shutdown" question too.