Izumi Hibachi

HeatherP

We enjoyed it on Oasis.  The group we went with said it wasn't as good as other Izumi Hibachi on other ships, but since we had only that one experience we had fun.  I'm sure just like with any hibachi experience on land, it's all dependent on your chef's personality and your expectations.  We thought it was worth the money for the show and the ridiculous amount of food.  It was comparable with what I would pay in NJ, price-wise.

20 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Paying a la carte For Izumi May make it not worth it. But now that it is included in the unlimited dining package it makes that math work out better. Especially if you have a jonesing for sushi before real dinner. 

Whoa, whoa, whoa ....sushi IS real dinner!!!!

So I’ve never done a dining experience on the ship, but I have cruise planner credit burning a hole in my pocket. ? For those who know what Kobe’s Steakhouse is, is that what it is like? Kobe has it set up where you get soup, salad and then rice, noodles and choice of main meat, and sushi offered if you want. The “Izumi habachi experience” is $45 on sale for my sailing. Does that cover everything on the menu? When I look at the sample menu I only see sushi and soups and salads. ?

I’m ready for the experts to let me know!

P.S. the UDP is only $119. But Izumi charges a cover charge with that, right?

2 hours ago, CruzOnBye said:

So I’ve never done a dining experience on the ship, but I have cruise planner credit burning a hole in my pocket. ? For those who know what Kobe’s Steakhouse is, is that what it is like? Kobe has it set up where you get soup, salad and then rice, noodles and choice of main meat, and sushi offered if you want. The “Izumi habachi experience” is $45 on sale for my sailing. Does that cover everything on the menu? When I look at the sample menu I only see sushi and soups and salads. ?

I’m ready for the experts to let me know!

P.S. the UDP is only $119. But Izumi charges a cover charge with that, right?

Rather than paying 45 on Izumi, definitely buy the UDP at 119. Izumi has been included for the last few months. It’ll include most of what you are used to with a choice of appetizer, just without any of the open flame stuff you are used to. 

On 6/10/2020 at 10:05 PM, Andrew72681 said:

Rather than paying 45 on Izumi, definitely buy the UDP at 119. Izumi has been included for the last few months. It’ll include most of what you are used to with a choice of appetizer, just without any of the open flame stuff you are used to. 

Lately I've been seeing an added $10 upcharge if you do Hibachi with any of the dining plans.  I was looking at the options for my December cruise and every single one said $10 upcharge.

5 hours ago, KathyC said:

Lately I've been seeing an added $10 upcharge if you do Hibachi with any of the dining plans.  I was looking at the options for my December cruise and every single one said $10 upcharge.

Yes, but they never charged us the additional upcharge on Symphony last February. We were prepared. They were tipped well instead.

My oldest son (20 Y.O.) fancies himself as a Hibachi Connoisseur. He has eaten at ton of Hibachis and rates Allures as the best. We had a great chef and of coarse that makes a huge difference. My take was that it was well worth the up charge and we really like the value proposition of the MDR.   The sushi class was also outstanding, my only complaint about both of them is the food quantity is ridiculous.  Another thing is that these are great family time activities, and as the kids get older, it is even more precious.

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2020 at 6:02 PM, foxrunner said:

My oldest son (20 Y.O.) fancies himself as a Hibachi Connoisseur. He has eaten at ton of Hibachis and rates Allures as the best. We had a great chef and of coarse that makes a huge difference. My take was that it was well worth the up charge and we really like the value proposition of the MDR.   The sushi class was also outstanding, my only complaint about both of them is the food quantity is ridiculous.  Another thing is that these are great family time activities, and as the kids get older, it is even more precious.

I really need to get out of IT and find out more about jobs like "Hibachi Connoisseur".