Internet

1 hour ago, Joey58 said:

Can anyone tell me if you are booked on a grand suite on Harmony, do you get free internet? How about zoom? Thanks!

Yes. A grand suite or anything in the Sky class gets

SKY

• Concierge Service
  • All Day Access to Coastal Kitchen*
  • Specialty Bottled Water (upon arrival)
  • Complimentary VOOM, The Fastest Internet at Sea 
  • Priority Boarding and Departure
  • Priority Dining Reservations
  • Reserved Seating Area in Select Entertainment Venues
  • Suite Lounge Access (complimentary hors d’oeuvres and cocktails each evening)
  • Access to Suite Sun Deck
  • Exclusive Access to the Barefoot Beach Club** at our Private Destination Labadee®
  • Spa Bathrobes for Use Onboard
  • Luxury Pillow Top Mattress
  • Luxury Bathroom Amenities by L’Occitane®

18 hours ago, Joey58 said:

Can anyone tell me if you are booked on a grand suite on Harmony, do you get free internet? How about zoom? Thanks!

If you booked a Grand Suite on an Oasis or Quantum Class ship, then yes

16 minutes ago, constable145 said:

Can anyone shed any light as to why Voom is not included as a suite perk on smaller ships?

The Royal Suite Class is an offering to meant to be closer to suite benefits on land. Smaller ships cannot offer the same level of options (Coastal Kitchen, Royal Genies, etc) so they didnt want to offer those types of perks on those vessels.

Also, suites on smaller ships cost less than suites on Oasis or Quantum class ships.

Just now, Matt said:

The Royal Suite Class is an offering to meant to be closer to suite benefits on land. Smaller ships cannot offer the same level of options (Coastal Kitchen, Royal Genies, etc) so they didnt want to offer those types of perks on those vessels.

I get that. But Freedom and Marnier  but offering internet to those in a full suite or higher doesn't require physical real estate like space for the CK etc..

Just now, constable145 said:

I get that. But Freedom and Marnier  but offering internet to those in a full suite or higher doesn't require physical real estate like space for the CK etc..

Basically, RC sees it as a package deal

There was talk, back when the Royal Suite Class began, that they would expand this program to the other ship classes.  That has never materialized, which is a shame, IMO.  I realize that they do not have the facilities for a suites restaurant, but they could offer a modified program that included internet, UDP, DBP and even Genies.  It wouldn't be that hard to do.  There's obviously a reason they never did this, but I can't figure it out.  Too bad.  I would certainly pay for it.

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Also, suites on smaller ships cost less than suites on Oasis or Quantum class ships.

I don’t know if I would go as far as saying that.   I’ve paid a lot more on some of the smaller ships, than what you could get for the Oasis & Quantum class ships. There’s fewer suits on the smaller ships, which fetched higher prices IMO.

37 minutes ago, constable145 said:

Can anyone shed any light as to why Voom is not included as a suite perk on smaller ships?

The technical answer is that Voom is included as part of a product called "Royal Suite Class" and that program is only offered on Oasis and Quantum class.  So it's not that a GS on Oasis gets Voom included because it's a GS, it has Voom included because a GS is designated into the Sky Suite program on Oasis.  Absent of the Royal Suite program on other ships, a GS isn't part of the Sky Suite Class product on other ships so no Voom.

Michael Bayley (CEO) was asked about this during a past President's cruise Q&A session.  His response was that suites on smaller ships are not priced on the same basis as the big ships. 

Despite that, suites on all ships are subject to supply and demand price adjustments so from our perspective they appear to cost the same or more than on bigger ships.  The result leaves us confused why a GS on a smaller ship doesn't get the same perks but in reality can cost us the same or more than on a bigger ship.  

At the end of the day there is no good reason why Voom couldn't be included with a GS across the fleet.  Hopefully one day they will standardize the suite product across the fleet but until that day comes, Voom is not included with a GS unless it's Oasis or Quantum class. 

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting an old thread but here it goes.  I am boarding the Harmony on Sunday and am in a Grand Suite.  This is a sky class suite on this ship and is supposed to come with Voom.  Says voom for every person booked in the room.  I currently have purchased on the planner a 4 pack of Voom Surf and Stream for the four of us booked in the room.  Question: Is the internet included with the suite Voom Surf and Stream or just Voom?  If it is Voom Surf and Stream, I should be safe to cancel my planner package and save $489?

thanks in advance

10 minutes ago, LSUWAG said:

Resurrecting an old thread but here it goes.  I am boarding the Harmony on Sunday and am in a Grand Suite.  This is a sky class suite on this ship and is supposed to come with Voom.  Says voom for every person booked in the room.  I currently have purchased on the planner a 4 pack of Voom Surf and Stream for the four of us booked in the room.  Question: Is the internet included with the suite Voom Surf and Stream or just Voom?  If it is Voom Surf and Stream, I should be safe to cancel my planner package and save $489?

thanks in advance

Sky class suites come with Voom Surf & Stream.