Free wifi for Sky Class

We are booked on the Harmony for the 12 June 2016 and I understand that as we are in a grand suite, Sky class, we will get free internet. My question is how many devices can we connect. I have spoken to RC customer service on 3 separate occasions and each time we have been told different answers. The first call said 2 devices, the next one 1 device and the final call, yesterday, 4 devices. Does anyone know which one is correct. Thank you

I believe if you call five more times you will get five more answers.  But if I was booked in SKY CLASS the way I read it I would have as many devices as I wanted.  But as I have said before I have no problem going head to head with Royal, be it the Hotel Director, Customer Service or legal, almost always I get things my way. 

The reason I say unlimited is because of the information in this Royal  link on the site:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/sky

It says in part:

Unlimited VOOMâ„  High Speed Internet

Surf, stream, share and chat – do everything you do back home with complimentary access to VOOM℠, the fastest Internet at sea.

So even if Royal has changed to a fix number of devices I would claim and make the case that the contract says Unlimited without quantifications, so therefore it is unlimited usage and devices.  

Unlimited here is in reference to data used, not the number of devices.  I would hope, though, that you would be given a number that matches the number of occupants in the suite.  Keep in mind, too, that you can use as many devices as you want.  What you're limited to is the number that can be connected to the internet at any one time.

Good point thank you. As long as we can connect one each at the same time I will be happy. Can just imagine the arguments if we have to share one log in!

Given the increased price of the suites and the fact that they're upping their game here, I really think that at a minimum you'll have a two device plan.

We are booked on the Harmony for the 12 June 2016 and I understand that as we are in a grand suite, Sky class, we will get free internet. My question is how many devices can we connect. I have spoken to RC customer service on 3 separate occasions and each time we have been told different answers. The first call said 2 devices, the next one 1 device and the final call, yesterday, 4 devices. Does anyone know which one is correct. Thank you

Hey Wobble31

From the blog itself...

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/03/16/everything-you-need-know-about-royal-caribbeans-royal-suite-class

Voom

• Each guest booked in Star or Sky Class suites will receive complimentary VOOM on one individual device of their choice

Unlimited here is in reference to data used, not the number of devices.  I would hope, though, that you would be given a number that matches the number of occupants in the suite.  Keep in mind, too, that you can use as many devices as you want.  What you're limited to is the number that can be connected to the internet at any one time.

That is not what it says, maybe that is what they mean  but what  they mean and one they say are not the same under contract law. It is my position that they made the offer of  Unlimited VOOMâ„  High Speed Internet, it does not say unlimited data, it just says unlimited high speed internet. So no to assume what Royal means, you hold them to what they have said and represented within the offer made.

I can also understand and respect Wobble31 post that he just wants to have a nice relaxing cruise. We all relax in our own ways, what I may find relaxing others maybe will think is hard work. So is is up to each person to decide what they want to do and how far to push it.  I can tell you if I had booked a suite under the terms represented, I would have unlimited internet, in terms of data usage,  and number of devices logged into the system.

Again while others find it a better use of time to sit by the pool drinking cocktails, I would rather spend the time standing up for what I believe to be right and as contracted. 

That is not what it says, maybe that is what they mean  but what  they mean and one they say are not the same under contract law. It is my position that they made the offer of  Unlimited VOOMâ„  High Speed Internet, it does not say unlimited data, it just says unlimited high speed internet. So no to assume what Royal means, you hold them to what they have said and represented within the offer made.

I can also understand and respect Wobble31 post that he just wants to have a nice relaxing cruise. We all relax in our own ways, what I may find relaxing others maybe will think is hard work. So is is up to each person to decide what they want to do and how far to push it.  I can tell you if I had booked a suite under the terms represented, I would have unlimited internet, in terms of data usage,  and number of devices logged into the system.

Again while others find it a better use of time to sit by the pool drinking cocktails, I would rather spend the time standing up for what I believe to be right and as contracted. 

Hey Wobble31

From the blog itself...

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/03/16/everything-you-need-know-about-royal-caribbeans-royal-suite-class

Voom

• Each guest booked in Star or Sky Class suites will receive complimentary VOOM on one individual device of their choice

The blog is not Royal,  it independent, and the Royal site is full of conflicts saying two or more completely different things for the same issue. Plus add in that when and how you purchased the cruise has a effect on the answer as the contract cannot be changed without agreed from both sides and consideration after it entered into.

The blog is not Royal,  it independent, and the Royal site is full of conflicts saying two or more completely different things for the same issue. Plus add in that when and how you purchased the cruise has a effect on the answer as the contract cannot be changed without agreed from both sides and consideration after it entered into.

Todd whild you are corect about the link not being from RCCL...  It is however from this EXACT BLOG.  I would say that it would be 1 Device per Person booked into the suite.  No More and No Less!

Todd whild you are corect about the link not being from RCCL...  It is however from this EXACT BLOG.  I would say that it would be 1 Device per Person booked into the suite.  No More and No Less!

In the case of this question, it came direct from Royal Caribbean when I wrote it up.  

The only contract being entered into is covered by the cruise contract which all passengers have to agree to and it does not cover an guarantee regarding the amenities offered on an ship.  In fact, Royal reserves the right to change the vessel, which could in the past have included a vessel that did not have Voom.  I'm also guessing that there is a clause somewhere that says that amenities are subject to change at the discretion of the cruise line.

And just to play devil's advocate, should I file a claim against AT&T, my wireless carrier, since they advertise an unlimited plan but only allow me to use unlimited data and not unlimited phones on that plan?

The only contract being entered into is covered by the cruise contract which all passengers have to agree to and it does not cover an guarantee regarding the amenities offered on an ship.  In fact, Royal reserves the right to change the vessel, which could in the past have included a vessel that did not have Voom.  I'm also guessing that there is a clause somewhere that says that amenities are subject to change at the discretion of the cruise line.

And just to play devil's advocate, should I file a claim against AT&T, my wireless carrier, since they advertise an unlimited plan but only allow me to use unlimited data and not unlimited phones on that plan?

That is not always the case.  The contact you have depends upon how and were you book. I have called Royal for last minute cruises and just paid in full over the phone. The agent has said nothing about the contract. Since the cruise is paid in full Royal cannot later tell me I must agree to the contract.  And this happen on a cruise Royal told me I was under the cruise contract. When I strongly pointed out to them I was not recalled the recording of the booking, it was clear I was not under the contract.

The example you site with ATT is not valid as ATT requires a full application and signed contract of service before the purchase is allowed.

If readers want to agree that it is one device that is your choice. The only point I am making is that it is open to interpretation, like so many things Royal does it is not clear and therefore it can be disputed with them.

I will make the following challenge to any member here.  I will place into a escrow account with a independent holding company the total cost of a cruise as talked about here, and you do the same. I will then purchase and take the cruise, if I do not get unlimited devices and usage,  you keep my $10,000 in escrow.  Please take my offer as it means a free cruise for me. 

• 3 weeks later...

We are now on harmony and can advise that guests in sky suites get one internet passcode each. We can each connect one device and if you want to connect a second one you simply log out of the first one and into the second. You can log in out of both devices as much as you want.

We are now on harmony and can advise that guests in sky suites get one internet passcode each. 

I do not disagree with that. My point was that the information is not clear and a strong case could be made for unlimited but most passengers will not push the cruise line on this point.  If I had SKY CLASS book and paid for  I would go to the Hotel Director and make my case. If he did not agree I would call my admiralty law attorney directly after the meeting and have him contract Royal legal, to inform them of our position and that they had two choices:

Settle or it would become a dispute and or lawsuit...  Have a lawyer contract Royal over a issue they can settle they will settle it. 

You would really contact your on call lawyer over being able to log in to two devices at one time?

Absolutely, if you make a contract or commitment, then you most follow it. And when they reach out to the legal department within Royal or any company, that provider knows to correct the issue. For most people the idea of hiring a lawyer is not normal. But when you keep lawyers on retainers, then it becomes just another asset to be used.  Anyone who follows the deal as agreed has no problem with me but break the deal or try to change it and game on.

Absolutely, if you make a contract or commitment, then you most follow it. And when they reach out to the legal department within Royal or any company, that provider knows to correct the issue. For most people the idea of hiring a lawyer is not normal. But when you keep lawyers on retainers, then it becomes just another asset to be used.  Anyone who follows the deal as agreed has no problem with me but break the deal or try to change it and game on.

It definitely says one device per person.  Ignorance is not an excuse and certainly would not hold up in court. Not to mention, no one is taking a lawyer to court over a $20/day perk.

ss.jpg

In the case of this question, it came direct from Royal Caribbean when I wrote it up.  

It definitely says one device per person.  Ignorance is not an excuse and certainly would not hold up in court. Not to mention, no one is taking a lawyer to court over a $20/day perk.

attachicon.gifss.jpg

Matt Thank you for saying what I have already previously said!  1 Device per person per cabin!  Todd you should really stop being so negative and argumentative.  It's not becoming.