No refund

Our cruise was canceled for June due to Covid 19. We used our future cruise credit to rebook for July which was also canceled. Since we used our cruise credit to rebook for July, we were no longer eligible for a cash refund, only a re-issuance of the future cruise credit. So essentially, we are being penalized for rebooking. We are loyal Royal Caribbean guests and those credits are worth nearly $4000.00. I want a refund, not a credit, as I am unsure if I will be able to cruise in the next year or two. When I asked to speak with their resolution department, I was told they are not accepting communications at this time. What???? I am so disappointed with Royal Caribbean. How can they treat us this way, especially when we've been so loyal??

The same thing happened to my family (cruise in May cancelled;  took FCC for July and... cancelled).  So I feel for ya.  Here's what Royal's not telling those who take the future cruise credit (as it was explained to me by travel agent).  If you take the FCC it's immediately converted to a voucher just like an airline voucher.  Once you convert to the FCC it really has no monetary value like you and I would think.  This credit/voucher is only good from the company you purchased it from (American Airlines, Delta, etc.), or in this case Royal Caribbean.  So anyone who took the FCC and is in a similar situation is bound to Royal Caribbean.  Unfortunately from what I was told (again by travel agent) once a person takes the FCC option it's either use it, or loose it. So we're now booked on a cruise in June 2021.     

Trying to digest and figure out if this only applies if you paid out of pocket anything additional beyond taxes and other refundable charges. Assuming the certificate issued was a result of Royal cancelling the sailing, not self cancelling (Cruise with Confidence option).

If you were impacted by our global suspension (sailings March 13 - July 31st, 2020) and paid additional monies on a new booking impacted by this announcement, your original FCC's will be reissued at the original amount, and then you'll receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit for any new amount paid towards cruise fare for your cancelled booking. You are able to opt in to refund one or both via the process below.

100% Refund: Or, if you prefer a full refund, which is a lower value than the Future Cruise Certificate offer above, we're happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have until December 31, 2020 - to request a refund and deactivate your certificate.

• Please contact us to start the refund process, forfeiting the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.
    • To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel and start the refund process, please click here and we will get it started for you.
  • We'll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.
  • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your refund request.
  • Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we'll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.