NextCruise

Hello ,

I was wondering if anyone has used the Next Cruise feature on their ship, are you given much more of a discount then you would get if you booked with a travel agent on just called yourself directly?

Thank you

Michael

Just now, M First said:

Hello ,

I was wondering if anyone has used the Next Cruise feature on their ship, are you given much more of a discount then you would get if you booked with a travel agent on just called yourself directly?

Thank you

Michael

We've used Next Cruise several times. The deal you receive is whatever the current promotion is, plus a bonus discount based on category of stateroom booked and length of cruise. Alternatively, you can choose to receive an onboard credit. That onboard credit is nonvolatile, if you reprice later you can still keep the credit. Additionally, you can pay a reduced deposit based also on room category. Another bonus is you have up to 60 days to rebook and keep your benefits. Finally, you have the option to transfer the booking to your travel agent.

2 hours ago, M First said:

Hello ,

Thank you

Michael

There’s numerous articles and topics on NextCruise, I think best summed up I believe @Matt’s philosophy is book refundable now as the pricing may go up before you get onboard. Then if the OBC is good you can rebook onboard. 

2 hours ago, Ogilthorpe said:

We've used Next Cruise several times. The deal you receive is whatever the current promotion is, plus a bonus discount based on category of stateroom booked and length of cruise. Alternatively, you can choose to receive an onboard credit. That onboard credit is nonvolatile, if you reprice later you can still keep the credit. Additionally, you can pay a reduced deposit based also on room category. Another bonus is you have up to 60 days to rebook and keep your benefits. Finally, you have the option to transfer the booking to your travel agent.

I was unable to keep the OBC on a reprice last year... My experience with Next Cruise was very disappointing... 

2 hours ago, deep1 said:

I was unable to keep the OBC on a reprice last year... My experience with Next Cruise was very disappointing... 

I have found that there are times that I have needed to remind the agent about that in order for it to remain on reprice. ?

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, chaotah said:

Question: I am currently Gold, and will reach the next tier upon my upcoming cruise in Dec2020.

If I book nextcruise onboard, will they give the OBC based on my completed tier (Platinium), or should i wait for my Platinium tier to be reflected before booking onshore?

In my experience NextCruise will only book at your current level.  Once you have achieved Platinum you can call C&A to inquire if your new level is a better deal at the current rate on the day you call.  

Cruise prices change often and tend to increase over time.  It's long been that way. 

Bottom line - book at a rate you are comfortable paying and assume that will be the price you pay.  If price drops or changes from moving higher in C&A do occur then it's great news but it shouldn't be expected.  Any requests to re-price a cruise are typically done at prevailing rates.  

The region around the world you live in can influence this as well.

9 hours ago, twangster said:

In my experience NextCruise will only book at your current level.  Once you have achieved Platinum you can call C&A to inquire if your new level is a better deal at the current rate on the day you call.  

Cruise prices change often and tend to increase over time.  It's long been that way. 

Bottom line - book at a rate you are comfortable paying and assume that will be the price you pay.  If price drops or changes from moving higher in C&A do occur then it's great news but it shouldn't be expected.  Any requests to re-price a cruise are typically done at prevailing rates.  

The region around the world you live in can influence this as well.

thanks

i'll see how it goes onboard