Establishing future protocols

we know covid will bring about changes to ship life, and this will be welcomed. We have a convenient store/rest stop that has hand sanitizer everywhere. 

The industry needs to think how to make passengers feel more safe while not making it a dread on a cruise ship kike beimg at a airport or DMV office.

Make bathroom doors openable by a foot pull, hand sanitizers throughout ship. 

You have to let people gather though, have to have buffets, try to make changes without making ship life a pain in rear. Hand sanitizer everywhere will be an added cost, but worth it for the industry.

Set up a hand washing station at ships ports for guest to use while getting onboard.

Be smart with changes but not burdensome 

There have been hand sanitizer stations at the entrance to every public space on every cruise we have been on. Multiple stations in big areas like the dining room and Windjammer. I'm curious where else you would suggest they add them? Maybe at the entrance to the cabin hallways? That's the only place I could think of that's not really covered. 

1 hour ago, Pho-real said:

Make bathroom doors openable by a foot pull, hand sanitizers throughout ship. 

You have to let people gather though, have to have buffets, try to make changes without making ship life a pain in rear. Hand sanitizer everywhere will be an added cost, but worth it for the industry.

If memory serves me correctly bathrooms are ADA compliant, which means they should have the automatic door opener, no need for a foot pull.  I must admit that I can see in the future when they take in the ships for upgrades,  bathrooms will be like the airports, no door entry per se.   

I also see that they may do what they now do on some of their newer ships regarding hand sanitizers.  No way you are entering the WJ on Anthem without walking through the handwashing station.   On the other ships that do not have that feature I have never been able to enter the WJ without someone right there by the hand sanitizer stations saying washy washy! 

There are so many Purell stations all over the place, you start to think it might be a wise investment for your stock portfolio.  I recall they even had them at every port while we were waiting to come back aboard.  However, they were not manic about using it.  

I would add nor were the specialty restaurants or the venues, albeit there were stations.  

I am with @melmar02 I don't really know where you would add them.  Heck we used the library as a quick cross path to get to our cabin and there were Purell stations in there too.  

I think what needs to be done is the host/hostess at specialty restaurant needs to be more vigilant.  Washy washy works at the WJ because it is cute and fun,  Not so sure that works at CK or 150 where diners want that high end feel.  They may need to instead prior to offering a menu, what they do when you fly 1st class on long haul flights.  After seated before the menu, they give you some type of item to clean your hands.  Those that have flown 1st class (please no flaming, I have due to mileage and credit card perks) they bring you a hot towel as soon as you are seated.  They can work some way to make that passenger even want to dine specialty that much more from how the approach it.  

I also think they need to be more vigilant at the shows.

1 hour ago, Pima1988 said:

If memory serves me correctly bathrooms are ADA compliant, which means they should have the automatic door opener, no need for a foot pull.  I must admit that I can see in the future when they take in the ships for upgrades,  bathrooms will be like the airports, no door entry per se.   

I am disabled and can't remember if the public rest rooms have automatic openers. I wish the handicapped rooms had them! Try to manage your scooter, put the key in the door, then push the door open. Trust me it takes many tries!