What about Escargot?

Hello All!  I have a big birthday coming up in March and booked Ultimate Dining on Harmony ?  I have been looking through the menus, because my husband wants to make sure he will still be able to have escargot whenever it is offered.  I have only seen it in the MDR menus, though. 

• Is escargot offered at any of the specialty restaurants on Harmony and I am just not seeing it?
  • Is it possible to order from the MDR while at a Specialty (I am also thinking lobster tail)
  • Is it possible to have a standing order at the MDR for a plate of escargot that I  would pick up at the  entrance to the MDR and take myself to my dinner reservation?
  • Any recommendations on which restaurant to choose for my big day?

I appreciate any insight you aficionados may find yourselves in a position to provide.  Thank you ?

I don't recall seeing escargot anywhere but in the MDR.  It's offered on select nights as it's made in bulk earlier in the day, placed back in cold storage then into the oven just in time for dinner hour.

I've done galley tours and watched them prepare rows and rows of escargot trays typically late morning.  

yPINsbx.jpg

tYvEiAz.jpg

In some cases you can order an MDR item while at a specialty restaurant but that isn't official policy so results can vary depending on how busy they are and how far the MDR galley is from the specialty venue.   Chops is relatively close, Wonderland not so much.  

15 hours ago, twangster said:

I don't recall seeing escargot anywhere but in the MDR.  It's offered on select nights as it's made in bulk earlier in the day, placed back in cold storage then into the oven just in time for dinner hour.

I've done galley tours and watched them prepare rows and rows of escargot trays typically late morning.  

yPINsbx.jpg

tYvEiAz.jpg

In some cases you can order an MDR item while at a specialty restaurant but that isn't official policy so results can vary depending on how busy they are and how far the MDR galley is from the specialty venue.   Chops is relatively close, Wonderland not so much.  

Thank you!  Loved the pictures ?

18 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have always been able to get items from the current MDR menu when dining at a specialty restaurant.  As @twangster mentioned, it is considered a “special favor” to get something from the MDR so just keep that in mind.

Yep, that's definitely a $10 handshake opportunity. ?

24 minutes ago, jaredhamburg said:

I can never make it trying to get one in my mouth.  My wife was able to, but it made an sudden trip back out.  That was our one experience with them.  Never, ever again.

Contrast with my 16-year old daughter: Hesitantly picks one up with her fork, puts it in her mouth and bites down, eyes widen in shock. "This is so WRONG! Why does this taste SO GOOD!!!"

And proceeds to fight with me for the remaining items on the tray. We both agree taste and texture are just like oven-broiled mushroom caps. (which we LOVE)

1 hour ago, jaredhamburg said:
On 5/31/2020 at 9:58 AM, mworkman said:

@Debsters41 Tell them that I said you could have all mine! ?

I can never make it trying to get one in my mouth.  My wife was able to, but it made an sudden trip back out.  That was our one experience with them.  Never, ever sagain.

Same. I can't even stomach the idea. 

53 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

We both agree taste and texture are just like oven-broiled mushroom caps. (which we LOVE)

It sounds like I should try but never. I have a odd fear of snails and slugs...I get scared and freaked out. More for you!

19 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Contrast with my 16-year old daughter: Hesitantly picks one up with her fork, puts it in her mouth and bites down, eyes widen in shock. "This is so WRONG! Why does this taste SO GOOD!!!"

And proceeds to fight with me for the remaining items on the tray. We both agree taste and texture are just like oven-broiled mushroom caps. (which we LOVE)

I swallow them whole, so just get the garlic butter flavor, and then dip the bread in the remaining butter. 

Several years ago, we were on Explorer & were so disappointed to see that they were not available -- I believe the tsunami from a few years earlier had wiped out the snail beds.  It was our DDs' first cruise, and for years, when they were younger, when they asked what was for dinner, we would tease them that it would be "snails on toast", and so we wanted to get them to try the snails.  They did eventually get to try them 2 years ago on Adventure, and I believe they were available 2 or 3 nights of our 7 day cruise then.

On 6/1/2020 at 2:44 PM, JLMoran said:

At least you are considerate enough to share. 

Nobody eats them off my plate...they are all mine!