Gift certificate refund?

8 hours ago, Lisa1871 said:

We were refunded all of our cruise funds except the $500 gift certificate we used to book does anyone know how this is refunded? We got our other $$ back weeks ago but haven’t heard anything about our gift certificate. 

When you say gift certificate, do you mean one that the cruise line issued? If so, I would assume that it has a number associated with it and I would start with a phone call to the cruise line to inquire if that money was put back on the certificate.

1 hour ago, Lisa1871 said:

This was a gift certificate purchased for me for a birthday present. It was not credit card points or FCC. 

Did you use a TA?  If so, they may be able to find out where that money went.  

Knowing Royal...they probably refunded the amount to whom ever bought the gift certificate.  LOL  But maybe they just put the money back on the certificate and it's reusable.  A TA should be able to check that as well, or you can try to do a mock booking and enter the certificate as a form of payment.   Just don't complete the transaction. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Royal Caribbean has over $5,200 of gift certificates which I used to pay for my May 29th, 2020 cruise. They have had this money since June of 2019 when I booked the cruise. 14 emails and 16 phone calls and there is no answer to when I will (or IF) I will ever see this money again. This has been going on since March when THEY cancelled our cruise. The worst customer service ever! At this time I feel that they have stolen this money from me. I cannot book a future cruise without the money or gift certificates. Has anyone had ANY luck with getting a straight answer? I also have not received one penny for my drink package and additional money I paid. I finally disputed them with my credit card company and got it in 24 hours back into my account Royal Carribean has yet to make things right with the credit card company.  Amazing how they can take our money INSTANTLY and we have to wait so far over 4 months and no answers or FFC/gift certificates. Has anyone had any luck with this?