Roatan Questions

deep1

Now that I'm back in the game officially I have a stop on my itineraries I havn't made yet, Roatan... Its my understanding that its world class for snorkeling. That for me is great because my Fiancee and her kids live to snorkel... Any one package better than others or is there off the shore near the port opportunities worth exploring? How is the port itself ? Other must see-must do things there? I'm over the top tickled to be back . Need to go over and study floor plans on Harmony so I look like I know my way around on her as well...  ?

Be careful just wandering around Roatan. There are some exquisite resorts along with some of the most desperately poor areas you have ever seen.  I’m not suggesting that it is unsafe...just not the place you might want to go wandering.  I think, if you stick with known beaches or resorts, you will be fine....but going off-trail might not be advisable.

12 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

The sloths and monkeys are fun if it’s your first time there. Be prepared for very old cabs and some rides through some rough areas. 

I pre-arranged our tour through Facebook and we were picked up in a very nice SUV, and the guide could not have been nicer. I wish I wrote down his name. Sorry that I do not remember it.