What if COVID-19 Never Goes Away?

Just now, Kcusack89 said:

Even a ear like your proposing would be detrimental. Thousands more will loose their jobs . Millions on unemployment. Very scary picture your painting.

This sounds like an international aid/relief situation, then. Unemployed, but not swamped by tourists bringing and taking the virus sounds better than the alternative. 

Just now, Andrew72681 said:

Just as a reminder. @matt has asked for no discussion of politics. It’s the sticky post at the top titled “don’t do these things”

Is it political to mention the fact that at one point, less than 5 years ago, we had a full-fledged pandemic response team? I rescind the bits about who dismantled it and why, then. AT ONE POINT, the US would have been much better managed for this. 

1 minute ago, Jencendiary said:

This sounds like an international aid/relief situation, then. Unemployed, but not swamped by tourists bringing and taking the virus sounds better than the alternative. 

Is it political to mention the fact that at one point, less than 5 years ago, we had a full-fledged pandemic response team? I rescind the bits about who dismantled it and why, then. AT ONE POINT, the US would have been much better managed for this. 

Again, as I asked in another topic, what cruise related thing are you here for? You joined half an hour ago and have added nothing useful to any discussion. I’m more than willing to take a look at any credential you have in epidemiology, but we already have an epidemiologist here in @Baked Alaska . We’ve already got a designated troll, and luckily right now he/she only comes out from under that bridge on weekends. 

Just now, Andrew72681 said:

Again, as I asked in another topic, what cruise related thing are you here for? You joined half an hour ago and have added nothing useful to any discussion. I’m more than willing to take a look at any credential you have in epidemiology, but we already have an epidemiologist here in @Baked Alaska . We’ve already got a designated troll, and luckily right now he/she only comes out from under that bridge on weekends. 

Are you a mod?

@Jencendiary I wish you luck on your journey. In order to stop people from going to other countries you ah e to shut down business and airlines...hmm even more out of work. Airlines brought this virus world wide not cruising. 

Seeing as the world didn't shut down airlines yet I think your journey is at a stand still.

Let's not even touch on the fact that it takes at minimum 4 years to properly develop a vaccine. Who wants to be a guinea pig for a virus that's been thrown together in months barely tested correctly and no known long term effects...I'll let you be first in line for that one . i'll be cruising