Cococay Coco Beach Club

Pen

Hello!   We are hoping our Oct. 4 cruise to Cococay will still happen.  Anyone know what the capacity for the Coco Beach Club is?  It says limited reservations....so we were wondering how many people will be in that area  ?

Penny

I believe @Ogilthorpe is correct.  For some reason I recall them saying the beach club day pass would be limited to @225 people.  

@Pen  I am kind of shocked that they still have availability.  We will be there next May and as soon as it showed up on my planner I jumped on the day pass knowing it was limited in number and we would be on Symphony.

1 hour ago, Pima1988 said:

I believe @Ogilthorpe is correct.  For some reason I recall them saying the beach club day pass would be limited to @225 people.  

@Pen  I am kind of shocked that they still have availability.  We will be there next May and as soon as it showed up on my planner I jumped on the day pass knowing it was limited in number and we would be on Symphony.

I have it reserved on the Enchantment of the Seas for 9/25/2020.  Harmony of the Seas is supposed to be there the same day.  So, I have reserved the Beach Club just in case it is crazy busy in the free areas (as the Harmony naturally docks first....).  I do not want crazy, and can always cancel later if I do not want it.  I think some people may not be booking as many excursions right now as they are fearful about the state of cruising.  This may be why Royal has had a few good sales as of late (for my cruise, at least).....

If I get to go, I will be soooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Pen said:

We have been debating....  But if they let 1000 people into the Coco Beach Club, it will seem crowded.  I'm hoping someone knows if and what the capacity is.

While I was not at Coco Beach Club, we had a cabana at Chill Island on our second stop and it was amazing.  The island works very well and doesn't ever seem crowded.  Our first stop we did the water park, and this was just fun beyond fun.

I honestly feel that you will be fine.  Our cruise was at the end of October, specifically October 31, and it was not crowded at all.  The water park had minimal lines.  It was all around good times.

9 hours ago, Pen said:

But if they let 1000 people into the Coco Beach Club,

I really do believe that the club passes are limited to the 200-250 range.  If you add in the cabanas, you are at the 450 range.  As someone that has done cabanas, there is really no need to leave your cabana, unless you want to just go and explore.  Your attendants bring you your food and drinks.   Just saying that as for finding loungers, or food lines, the cabana passengers are not a factor in that kind of way.

Think of the Club like the Key.  They want to  keep that exclusive and to achieve that goal they limit the numbers. 

On 5/28/2020 at 8:20 PM, Pen said:

We have been debating....  But if they let 1000 people into the Coco Beach Club, it will seem crowded.  I'm hoping someone knows if and what the capacity is.

Oh I forgot to mention this.  When we had a Chill Island cabana, you don't get to reserve the actual cabana until you are on the ship.  I don't know if this is the case with the Coco Beach Club though.  But for us, as soon as we boarded we went to guest services and reserved our cabana location immediately.  It was like the first thing we did on the ship.  So I would check with RCL if your cabana location is reserved prior to sailing or when you board.  Just keep in mind that you are likely not the only ship docking at Coco Cay, so someone from another ship might be thinking the same thing.

14 hours ago, WackyCactus said:

When we had a Chill Island cabana, you don't get to reserve the actual cabana until you are on the ship. 

I don't know when you did your cabana, but last July we had a cabana and were told they no longer  allow this.  The cabanas are now assigned by the purchase.  IE if you are the 1st person to purchase it on the planner you will get cabana number 1.  If later on you cancel and repurchase at a lower price you move to that new number, and the number 2 person moves to cabana number 1.

The theory behind this does make a lot of sense since with the new Coco Cay they can take 2 ships.  Their system cannot work with 2 or more ships.  For example, I could be on Anthem and you could be on Lady G.  We both go to Guest Services at the exact same time.  I decide I want cabana 10 while you are debating between 9 and 10.  By the time you decide, 10 is gone.  Now you say 9, but another passenger on Lady G has taken it while they were putting in 10 for you.  You are out of luck on both.  Thus, even if they lied to us about the system not being able to handle it.  It does seem logical and a very straight forward way with fairness all around, because the system would be even worse if you think about.  I did an 8 night out of Bayonne on Adventure, Coco Cay was day 6.  We were the only ship. but what is Navigator was there on a 4 night.  They would have been given the leftovers to select from since they embarked at least a few nights after us.