MEI Travel Agency

Hello all, after many years of booking cruises myself, I am FINALLY looking into someone else do everything instead of me ? I wanted to ask those of you that use MEI what are your thoughts about them (since they are a sponsor here on this site) Are all of their agents excellent or is there one 2 2 that are tops or better?

I am considering my first ever Alaska cruise next year and have no clue what I should see or where to stay in Seattle if I arrive a day early, etc.. I just don't feel like researching everything like I usually do. Just hoping to get some honest good and bad of MEI (hopefully not any!)

I'm also open to any other recommendations if you have them!

Thanks all!! ?

Carlos

34 minutes ago, Jill said:

I use Sharla and she puts up with my endless emails! ? Seriously she’s been great. She’s got our group of 4 couples for Odyssey Italy/Greece next year and she’s been very attentive through all this cancellation mess with FCC’s, OBC’s etc. 

Heather Coursen is our TA from MEI and I am surprised she has not dumped us after all my emails and questions etc.  I recommend her services to family and friends.   

53 minutes ago, CJS2766 said:

May be a dumb question? Do they only handle RCI cruises or can you use their services for other destinations as well?

While I don't know for certain if everyone does all destinations, but I do know that Kathy also does Disney, so they're not RCI exclusive...

2 hours ago, Jill said:

I use Sharla and she puts up with my endless emails! ? Seriously she’s been great. She’s got our group of 4 couples for Odyssey Italy/Greece next year and she’s been very attentive through all this cancellation mess with FCC’s, OBC’s etc. 

When I first went with MEI, I just filled out the form and was assigned Sharla; she's definitely been fantastic! I was trying to move my Thanksgiving cruise from Anthem to Harmony this year due to a change in my availability and location for that week, and she spent 80 minutes on hold just for me...and got it done without any fuss!

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of MEI's folks, based on all the stories I've read. And as for them being full-service, I think they're a go-to for RCCL/Celebrity/Disney simply because of their extensive experience with those cruise lines, leading to a bit more specialization. While I haven't tried to book a cruise with one of the other "Big 3" cruise lines through MEI, I certainly see no reason why they wouldn't be able to help you!

I am and have been working with John Ames from MEI and he is excellent. He just been on top of everything. I chose him to contact from MEI just because he is NJ and I'm located in NJ although is really a dumb way to choose who to work with. Made sense to me at the time but I guess in the end not so much. He is excellent so I am happy I did choose him to contact. 

19 hours ago, CJS2766 said:

May be a dumb question? Do they only handle RCI cruises or can you use their services for other destinations as well? While we mostly cruise, I have been thinking of a Key West vacation as well. Just not sure if they would handle something like that? Thanks again!

Yes, they can absolutely handle other travel.

I started using MEI because I wanted to join a Group Cruise and never looked back.  They'e very responsive, are great at repricing without having to do anything and gave me some good tips when my cruise was cancelled.  Much better than some other agents I've used for family cruises in the past.  I use Dannett LeBlanc if you need a specific contact over there.

On 5/29/2020 at 12:07 AM, USCG Teacher said:

I was randomly assigned Kathy Geiger from my inquiry and I couldn't have been happier with the service she provided! ??

On 5/29/2020 at 12:07 AM, USCG Teacher said:

I was randomly assigned Kathy Geiger from my inquiry and I couldn't have been happier with the service she provided! ??

I was also assigned Kathy some months back. She has been brilliant, quick response and great service.

John ?

While I haven't used MEI to book a cruise (yet) I have used them for many Walt Disney World bookings and have found them very good. Being on the other side fo the world I find they are responsive and willing to go that 'extra mile' (Funny we still say 'extra mile' even though we use km's). The good thing is they will be as 'hands on' or 'hands off' as you would like. Sometimes I'll just use them for reservations bookings and others the whole 3,342 step process that is booking a Disney holiday (Fastpasses, dining, tours etc etc etc). 

For those not in the US considering using MEI I can't speak highly enough of them.