New Deployment Schedule

With the current situation at hand, one has to ponder if the deployment schedule will be released sooner that last year?  Along with that changes to current sailings based on where ships are currently located and in the que for maintenance.  I say this because revenue is needed by RCCL and this would be the quickest way to generate it, by publishing the next season's sailings.  I'm sure it's hectic trying to pin down ports, but in-order to survive one must have revenue. Along with that it shows the consumer that they're here to stay.  What are your thoughts on this?

Allow me to throw out this suggestion, release deployment schedules and allow bookings that are ambiguous. Let me explain:

Anthem of the Seas  7 night cruise  departs from Tampa June 15, 2023   Use standard pricing: Inside cabins are $175 a night,  Porthole are $200 a night, Balconies are $275, etc. etc.

Sell the benefits of the ship and all the activities that offers, the itinerary? That'll be announced at some point in the future.

Many people would be happy to put deposits down for future sailings with unknown itineraries, particularly marquee ships like Anthem, Harmony, and Odyssey.

While I don't disagree that new sailings equals more revenue, I don't see them releasing earlier due to the pandemic. If anything, I could see the opposite occurring because the processes for booking up port slots and scheduling may otherwise not be available or busy with other pandemic-related tasks.  Basically, it seems to me everything at RC is on hold right now until sailings resume.

At a time when they can't predict when cruising will resume or the effort required to get ships back into position so that booked cruises can occur it must be chaos in the planning department.

Despite that it would be prudent for the 2023 schedule to be released so that new bookings could be made resulting in cash flow inbound.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

While I don't disagree that new sailings equals more revenue, I don't see them releasing earlier due to the pandemic. If anything, I could see the opposite occurring because the processes for booking up port slots and scheduling may otherwise not be available or busy with other pandemic-related tasks.  Basically, it seems to me everything at RC is on hold right now until sailings resume.

I understand that but if you don't plan for the future, then there will be none.  I was thinking more in line with the release of 01 May 22-31 Aug 22 in the interim, then follow on with the release for the end of 2022 by Jan 2021 at the latest.