Finally A Happy Camper

Some have followed as I have chronicled my refund and FCC ordeals... It was not my intention to sound like a whiner but I'm sure it sounded that way... It was an unbelievable ordeal that has finally come to a grinding halt. Friday was a turning point after a 2 hour hold then that long  trying to clear things. Promises made did not come through and last night was a marathon 6 hour scorched earth session...  I never saw such an insult to intelligence as I witnessed from them last night. Its a shame that it had to go there... I went into that one with all my notes and homework done. They had nowhere to hide eventually and expedited my refunds and FCC's. Tonight, docs came through finalizing everything. I kept my end of the bargain by making the new bookings I had promised to make. I will sleep soundly and dream of Harmony for November and Indy for April... Its a crying shame it had to be the way it was... I know full well the ordeal they are going through...  I sympathize. ..  Still no excuse to deliberately mis lead as they did... Thats astern of us now... Let get back to cruisin!

I think it surprised them that a "gold" on the edge of "platinum"  member could navigate around the system as well as I could... Part of it was due to the fact I have a lot more sailings that C+A  couldn't find (thats a different topic for a different day). Then part of it is gaining information from this group...  I don't comment in each thread I read but I often take notes that do come in handy. Thank everybody for sharing that info and tanks Matt for having this group... 

Man, I am so happy for you!!!!    

I hope that after all of this, some type of agency or organization looks into how companies handled monies due back to the consumer. 

And,  no matter how people twisted the stories that we all shared about this topic, these companies should never be allowed to have this happen again!!!!!

1 hour ago, RBRSKI said:

deep1,

Did all of the refunds tie back correctly?

I believe so but need to verify with the bank tomorrow. First they tried to tell me I was all refunded when it was just one  deposit... Then they tried after just taxes on one one. Then after one was finally done...Not til before night before last did the do the other one (supposedly... but they read off all correct amounts ).  All those transactions were sent to the wrong cards . The deposits went to the main card and the rest went to the deposit card...  At least the money  is (supposedly) right.   They botched the FCC's  twice and came up with some really creative attempts to get stuff past me but by last night it was all good and they went into the new bookings... . 

13 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

My refunds DID NOT go back to the original form of payment but I am sure you would agree with me,  just happy we finally got them! 

Who would think they would get that part right!! LOL

Like I said, the deposits went back to main fund source and refunds went back to deposit source and no notifications  anywhere along the way... The FCC's they seemed not wanting to part with them even more... I think I heard the agent sigh when I did as I said I would and made my new bookings paid in full as I said I would...  They worked with me on the one booking price which was brutally tough and long to get done. The second booking price had not changed in weeks and was easy... I'm positively ecstatic  about finally getting this settled and gonna spend countless hours in the cruise planners...