Cruising Comfortabilities

Hi Everyone!, Newbie here...

Our first cruise taken March 2015 on Vision of Seas was great and reeled me in to this #cruisingcraze

I was glad to have brought along my top 3 conveniences:

1 - Water shoes 

2 - a compartmental door hanger thing-a-ma-jig 

3 - Potpourri

What are your Top 3 items to bring along  (besides your #cruisebooze....I know y'all all to well already...lol)

So looking forward to my next cruise...298 days...

Sincerely

Gina_E

P.S.  I have been enjoying all of your posts/scopes/blogs...Thanks for allowing me vicarious joy.

Gina,

You made me smile with this post ...

Thank You

Mine are very similar to others....

Clorox wipes, just to wipe the drawers down,

A travel pillow ...

And then the other item is a lanyard with plastic card sleeve for each of us to hold our sea pass card in (and anything else we may need)

Only three things I really need on a cruise, listed in order of importance. Anything else I can buy or live without.

1) Passport

2) Money

3) Laptop

Give me these three things and Reynaline and I'm happy. Yes I did not put her on the list because I would never reduce her to being a belonging. It goes without question that she is on the cruise. That is the reason I no longer take US Cruises, (Visa Issues). Really sad if I want to fly to Mexico I could just walk across the broader with her (Drive I'm Lazy) and no real issues. But go to the US Embassy and apply for a Visa and it takes years even for just a port stop and it takes years.

• 2 weeks later...

1) clutch that holds my phone and sea pass in separate compartments so it doesn't deactivate, and still holds everything I need in a lightweight way

2) lightweight backpack for excursions (I have an under armour one that folds down and fits in my suitcase really well and holds a couple towels, water, and any other essentials) ... Beach bags are cute, but too bulky

3) Dry shampoo... For those times where you just want to get ready for the night quick and not have to worry about blow drying your hair!!

I tend to travel even for a few hours with a well thought out and honed down collection of all my belongings (chargers, meds, etc).  That in mind, I'll mention 3 big ones outside of that.

1 - A good piece of luggage (especially true if travelling to the port).  I'm partial to the Timbuk2 Co-Pilots http://amzn.to/1tjdnyA

2 - A day bag for hats, glasses, camera, phone, battery, meds, etc while in port.  Again, my pref is Timbuk2 http://amzn.to/1YaPTGV

3 - My preferred toiletries.  We have some degree of medical need here, but it's also preference.  You like the shampoos, bar soaps, toothpaste, etc that you're used to

Remember to keep the magnets away from your sea pass card!

A lot of my group learned this the hard way on our Liberty cruise last year - a couple people had picked up those cool card holder wallet cases for their phone, so they could keep their sea pass and any other ID essentials all compacted together alongside their phone. What they didn't realize, was that it'd deactivate their Sea Pass. There were a few trips to Guest Services for a new card before we all finally got the idea to not let the two touch. :) 

3) Dry shampoo... For those times where you just want to get ready for the night quick and not have to worry about blow drying your hair!!

Every time I think about blow drying hair on a cruise ship, I think of the podcast episode with Len Testa and Laurel and how she said the blow dryer in the room was like an old person with emphysema coughing on your hair hahahahahahahah

I used to bring a power strip, but now I bring a small multi port USB charger since just about everything I need to charge uses USB.  I also bring along the adapter to plug it into the 220V socket, to keep the US style sockets available.

I almost never get seasick, but I always bring some Bonine.  Murphy's Law/Insurance.

I also bring along a small travel size bottle of citrus magic room spray.  Once again, it's just for "insurance" to make sure that I don't get any odd smells coming from the pipes in the bathroom, especially on older ships.