Taxes and Fees refund?

Our April 24 cruise on Adventure was cancelled in March.  We still haven't gotten our port fees and taxes reimbursed to us yet.  Has anyone in the same time frame gotten theirs yet?  My final payment for our Aug 29 cruise is coming up, and I need that money to pay it.

I'm still missing mine from an April 6 cruise.  I got the FCC for it on 4/13 (and already used it). 

I think it's now past the 45 business days from the cancellation date of 3/14 for the "cash" refund of taxes and fees so I'll probably be calling in soon to see the status.  I've been as patient as possible by giving them the max amount of time they said they needed to process, but now I'm pretty certain it's been lost in the shuffle.

5 hours ago, bbowers said:

Our April 24 cruise on Adventure was cancelled in March.  We still haven't gotten our port fees and taxes reimbursed to us yet.  Has anyone in the same time frame gotten theirs yet?  My final payment for our Aug 29 cruise is coming up, and I need that money to pay it.

I had to inquire about my children’s room as I had not received their’s.

I called, they basically said it still shows pending and they would re-submit it.  Took about 3 weeks, but finally got it back on my CC on Friday.  

My kid’s room FCC came about 2 weeks before our room.  That’s why I raised an eyebrow after our taxes and grats came a few days after our FCC was issued.  (May 6th cruise) cancelled in round 2.  

As far as travel insurance I haven’t received a refund for either room.  Their response was it is from a third party vendor and it’s going to take longer to see that refund.  I doubt it will ever show up, but I’ll keep hounding them as they cancelled the cruise, not me.  

1 hour ago, JohnK6404 said:

No port fees, expenses and taxes refunded yet. Our cruise was a 5/31 sailing. 

No 125% CP OBC yet... we did get the 125% FCC on 5/22.

You are a round 3 cancellation then right? 

I wouldn’t start looking until the 30 day mark, and most likely it will show up around the 45 day area.   (Based on 5/22 date)

Was supposed to be on a cruise this week, May 25th, we did receive fcc on May 22, but our cruise has been canceled for over 30 days for sure, we called Monday night about our taxes and port fees, actually got thru very quick, we hit option 6 on the phone, agent said it had not been processed at all yet and probably would be another 30 to 45 days before we receive it, I guess they are just over whelmed.

56 minutes ago, Dan Curtis said:

Was supposed to be on a cruise this week, May 25th, we did receive fcc on May 22, but our cruise has been canceled for over 30 days for sure, we called Monday night about our taxes and port fees, actually got thru very quick, we hit option 6 on the phone, agent said it had not been processed at all yet and probably would be another 30 to 45 days before we receive it, I guess they are just over whelmed.

It's a painful process, trust me!

Isnt it funny how the Cruise planner cancellations or previously cancelled cruises were all instantly refunded credit yet now it takes months to refund or multiply a number x 1.25....  As far as they are concerned its an interest free loan they are sitting on.

I cant imagine they have some group physically applying refunds.  This math isnt hard and the data is all in a database.

Oh wow I guess we aren't the only ones. Our Oasis May 10th cruise cancelled but I can't remember when, anyone know when that round of cancellations happened? Anyway we still haven't gotten our taxes and port fees back. We actually have been looking at all our old files but no, we didn't get it yet and our taxes and port fees for the rescheduled Oasis cruise Sept. 6th are due May 31. Was hoping to get back the money we were owed before forking over more money to Royal but looks like that ain't gonna happen. Should we be worried we didn't get that money yet?  

11 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Oh wow I guess we aren't the only ones. Our Oasis May 10th cruise cancelled but I can't remember when, anyone know when that round of cancellations happened? Anyway we still haven't gotten our taxes and port fees back. We actually have been looking at all our old files but no, we didn't get it yet and our taxes and port fees for the rescheduled Oasis cruise Sept. 6th are due May 31. Was hoping to get back the money we were owed before forking over more money to Royal but looks like that ain't gonna happen. Should we be worried we didn't get that money yet?  

Worried - probably not.

Justifiably miffed/perturbed/angry/ticked - absolutely!

Received a partial refund for our March 22 cruise's taxes, port fees, gratuities and insurance on May 17th. Amount received does not add up to anything on the list but am waiting on the balance. Received Cruise Planner items refunds within two weeks for same cruise. Have two cruises in June and July that were cancelled and not sure when we will see that money refunded. For the June cruise it is the taxes, port fees, insurance and gratuities along with the Cruise Planner items purchased. The July cruise we opted to wait on any Cruise Planner purchases until we got closer. At least the credit card will have a large negative balance when we get all the refunds back. We are resigned to waiting and hoping that Royal gets to start in August so our November cruise will happen.

38 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Worried - probably not.

Justifiably miffed/perturbed/angry/ticked - absolutely!

Thank you very much. I wish they would give us the option to just have them keep the refund for the rescheduled cruise and if there is a difference let us pay that. It makes no sense to give us back money so we can then pay the taxes and fees for the rescheduled cruise. To me it makes no sense anyway. 

our cruise was on June 7th so within this third group of cancelations.

We got the FCC on 5/22

No taxes or fees have been refunded to CC

No 125% on board credit cert has been issued even though we clicked the link and requested it and it specified it would be sent via e-mail on 5/22 when our FCC was sent.

Has anyone received the 125% on board credit?

29 minutes ago, calvink669 said:

our cruise was on June 7th so within this third group of cancelations.

We got the FCC on 5/22

No taxes or fees have been refunded to CC

No 125% on board credit cert has been issued even though we clicked the link and requested it and it specified it would be sent via e-mail on 5/22 when our FCC was sent.

Has anyone received the 125% on board credit?

Ditto for us still... 125% FCC on 5/22 for our 5/31 sailing... nothing else to date.

May 24th cruise (Oasis out of Port Liberty) cancelled during second wave...

• 125% FCC received May 22nd
  • Refund of taxes and fees hit my CC account today (received in piecemeal transactions for some reason but the total is correct)
  • 125% OBC still to come

At the risk of tempting providence, so far (and I appreciate that not everyone has had the same experience) whilst I have had to be patient, the correct credits/refunds are now coming through. Of course the one I am really looking forward to is the OBC (c. $1,500) so I have the flexibility to take advantage of any price drops in Cruise Planner (I cancelled and re-booked a couple of Cruise Planner items back at the beginning of May and am still awaiting the associated refunds, so would much rather "play" with OBC in this way than use real $$! ?)

Received the refunds for our March 22 cruise for the Port fees, taxes and gratuities. Still waiting for the insurance refund but understand that is from a 3rd party so it will take longer. The cruise was not officially cancelled until May 6 due to reporting issues so a 3 week wait is not bad. Noticed that even though it shows that the transaction was May 30th it did not appear in our account until seven days later. Still waiting for refunds our June and July cruises that RCCL cancelled. We did receive some refund money earlier but have no idea what it is applied to as the amounts from the two transactions do not align with any purchases. My number obsessive self has a running spreadsheet of all our cruises so as long as the difference adds up to zero in the end I will be happy.

Just contacted Royal through our TA for another matter, but inquired about the refund of our port fees/expense/taxes on our 5/31 sailing. She stated the transaction was sent for processing on 5/20 and we should be receiving the refund of these fees to our CC very soon......... we'll see!

Our March 27 Radiance sailing was cancelled on 14 March. 

The cruise planner was actually still open, so I went in and cancelled everything. Refunds went back into our bank on 23 April.

We received our FCC certificates on 11 April.

As of today, still no sign of the port fees and taxes. 

74 days since the sail date and 87 days since the cruise was cancelled.

I received an email from RCCL yesterday saying they were refunding my Cruise Planner money to my original form of payment at 100%.  I had opted for the 125% credit to be applied to my new booked cruise.  The customer service lady told me they were only doing 100% refunds on cruise planner.  She told me she had worked for RCCL for 13 years, and they would never give 125% credit for cruise planner items.  I told her that I have a screenshot, and emails that prove differently.  She didn't believe me.  My TA was on the line also in a conference call, and she couldn't believe how we were being talked to.  I gave them the certificate number that was emailed to me a week ago, and was told that certificate didn't exist.  We then asked about my taxes, fees, and grats, she put us on hold for 35 minutes, and then the call was dropped.

10 minutes ago, bbowers said:

I received an email from RCCL yesterday saying they were refunding my Cruise Planner money to my original form of payment at 100%.  I had opted for the 125% credit to be applied to my new booked cruise.  The customer service lady told me they were only doing 100% refunds on cruise planner.  She told me she had worked for RCCL for 13 years, and they would never give 125% credit for cruise planner items.  I told her that I have a screenshot, and emails that prove differently.  She didn't believe me.  My TA was on the line also in a conference call, and she couldn't believe how we were being talked to.  I gave them the certificate number that was emailed to me a week ago, and was told that certificate didn't exist.  We then asked about my taxes, fees, and grats, she put us on hold for 35 minutes, and then the call was dropped.

The same thing happened to us.  We had requested a 125% FCC and ended up with a cash refund (which hasn't been refunded yet, BTW).  My TA said that this had happened so much in the last month that she wasn't even going to try and dispute it.  She has been told that once the refund process has begun, they cannot reverse it.  The refund is ok with me....just frustrating that they tell you to go through one process just to have it executed a different way.

Received an email from RCCL asking if we wanted to receive a 125% FCC on our Cruise Planner purchases on one of our upcoming cruises that was cancelled. This is funny as we cancelled those purchases although we have not received any refunds to date. Since we have not received the money back we were wondering if they were using this to keep the money and the extra 25% incentive can be written off later. Below is the letter.

RCCL Cruise Planner FCC.html