QUIZ ON FACE MASKS: WOULD YOU CRUISE AGAIN IF

Would you cruise again if: 

ANSWER:   YES     NO        MAYBE

A. .FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED IN ALL PUBLIC AREAS.

B.  FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED ONLY AT SHOWS AND LARGE GATHERINGS INCLUDING EMBARKATION.

C, FACE MASKS ARE NOT REQUIRED BUT 6' SPACING IS ENCOURAGED.  

My answer is:    A. No     B. Yes     C. Yes

@Matt  BTW, Matt's blog post is interesting.  There were some Cruisers who felt like this person: "Will only even consider a cruise if masks are mandatory. Not a chance I am getting on a ship with thousands of high risk strangers from all over for a week without them."  If that is the case would they then want gloves to be required too?  So how would they be able to enjoy:  Pools, Dining, Drinking, Snacking (popcorn in the theater, ice cream on decks), Smoking (not me)?  And I am sure you can think of more.  Would all these things have to be done in your cabin in that case?

A. No

B. Maybe

C. Yes ( mostly because I dont love other people all that much and encouraged isnt mandatory)

I keep thinking that even if they make masks be worn at some occasions, they cant at anything that involves food or drink. Because once you start playing with your mask on and off youbare basically contaminating yourself repeatedly. 

1 hour ago, Phillip Diamond Plus said:

B.  FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED ONLY AT SHOWS AND LARGE GATHERINGS INCLUDING EMBARKATION.

A. No

B. Maybe

C. Yes

19 minutes ago, Marlena said:

I keep thinking that even if they make masks be worn at some occasions, they cant at anything that involves food or drink. Because once you start playing with your mask on and off youbare basically contaminating yourself repeatedly. 

I suppose if your mask gets contaminated at dinner then Royal will give you one of their patented SEAFACE masks.  That way you can be safe and advertise for them...

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/04/22/royal-caribbean-trademarks-name-sanitary-masks

I am going to say

A yes

B Maybe..more no

C nope..maybe

Enclosed spaces with/out mask have a higher rate of infections. So a packed dining room, where everyone is eating and releasing droplets in the air is a no go. The theaters and bars will suffer the same fate as billions of possibly contaminated droplets circulating throughout the air. Now on decks where there is open air, I cannot see the reason why mask would be compulsory. Also the six feet rule isn't working on land, would it really work on vacation?????

4 hours ago, Joe01 said:

1. No

2. No

3. Maybe but I fail to see how it would work and be enforced.

That is how I would answer also. I don't think people are thinking this through when they mention the term "social distancing" in relation to a cruise ship, or a theater, or a lounge, etc, etc..........................even a restaurant that makes money.

18 hours ago, Phillip Diamond Plus said:

No

Probably

Yes

Your questions are to generic.

What type of face mask?

Do I have to wear it properly?

Who is going to enforce this?

What are the repercussions for noncompliance?

Why is this even being asked? As those that make these decisions have no idea as to why they are making them.

Real men do not wear masks, it is a sign of weakness. Some wear masks in public just for show(or if they know the camera is on them) but they do not wear them at home in their basement with their wives. I find that odd, very odd. 

Real men do wear masks, it is NOT a sign of weakness. I spent 15 yrs in the Navy, 2 tours in Viet Nam, I wear a mask! I don´t think anyone who knows me thinks I am weak, because I wear a mask. We know 6 people who have perished from this. W wear it not for me, but to protect others.

• re

A.  No

B.  Maybe

C.  La la land.  Can anyone picture social distancing after a show waiting for an elevator,  on an elevator, muster drills, soft serve ice cream line (most important)?  The piano man may not be allowed on elevators any more.....

15 minutes ago, Bob_KY said:

A.  No

B.  Maybe

C.  La la land.  Can anyone picture social distancing after a show waiting for an elevator,  on an elevator, muster drills, soft serve ice cream line (most important)?  The piano man may not be allowed on elevators any more.....

I never thought about piano man...I'm completely crushed!

Yes, yes, and yes.

In most places where masks are required in restaurants for dining in, the rules state "except when eating or drinking." I would assume the same would go for bars. Social distancing would be tricky, but Royal's smart -- they can figure it out.

I'm sorry, but if I'm walking to and from somewhere on the ship and I encounter a large group, I'd prefer to have a mask. Maybe it's because I'm just used to wearing one now without much of a second thought.

No, this doesn't make me weak. No, this doesn't make me "not a real man" (whatever the frick a "real man" is... ?) and no, it doesn't mean I'm living in fear.

What it does mean? I'm sailing and following any and all rules RCCL puts in place -- you know, like I always do when I'm sailing, or just generally being a member of society.

7 hours ago, Chadster said:

In most places where masks are required in restaurants for dining in, the rules state "except when eating or drinking." I would assume the same would go for bars. Social distancing would be tricky, but Royal's smart -- they can figure it out.

I'm sorry, but if I'm walking to and from somewhere on the ship and I encounter a large group, I'd prefer to have a mask. Maybe it's because I'm just used to wearing one now without much of a second thought.

I guess I'm very different from most that have posted

A. Yes - with the caveat that this is mainly when moving from space to space - one i get to my lounger that is 6 ft from the next one I would want to take it off.  yes i would have to put it on for a trip to the bathroom or bar.

B. Yes

C. NO - I know that the mask is not for my protection but to protect others from me - - look at the lack of voluntary social distancing at pool parties and beaches over memorial day, I just don't need those types of reckless people around me anytime and they will be there if its voluntary.

In regards to the quote above, "if I'm walking to and from somewhere on the ship and I encounter a large group, I'd prefer" THEY have a mask on as to not infect me.  Its not like they are Handing out N95 masks to the general public, cant even buy one

On 5/26/2020 at 1:01 PM, Phillip Diamond Plus said:

My take on this is as follows.  Being a frontline health care worker, I can definitely say I would have no problem wearing a mask, and would definitely welcome RCL enforcing people to wear masks while scientists try and figure out a vaccine.

I'm sure this will get some people charged up, but if a person is not wearing a mask they are just being selfish and unnecessarily putting others at risk.  I'm saying this, because of what we know of how the virus easily spreads now, there is no reason for people not to be wearing a mask.  I mean, what's the worst that could happen?  You die prematurely, right.  The virus has been shown to cause other medical problems for people.  Amputating limbs, etc. etc. 

6 hours ago, WackyCactus said:

My take on this is as follows.  Being a frontline health care worker, I can definitely say I would have no problem wearing a mask, and would definitely welcome RCL enforcing people to wear masks while scientists try and figure out a vaccine.

I'm sure this will get some people charged up, but if a person is not wearing a mask they are just being selfish and unnecessarily putting others at risk.  I'm saying this, because of what we know of how the virus easily spreads now, there is no reason for people not to be wearing a mask.  I mean, what's the worst that could happen?  You die prematurely, right.  The virus has been shown to cause other medical problems for people.  Amputating limbs, etc. etc. 

If RCI enforces wearing a mask, that's fine. I don't attempt to sway their decision, BUT, I will make sure they know that I won't be spending my money on a "cruise vacation" that includes this requirement. You can go and enjoy yourself, good luck.

How many people do you think on a cruise ship will wear a mask properly, not touch it, replace it several times a day, etc........Your expectations are out of touch with reality.