Odyssey of the Seas

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on forthcoming cruising regulations Royal might even be happy about a delay. Delivery means the remaining 80% of the price must be paid - also crew and port fees on top of that. P&O and Saga Cruises are currently  doing everything to not have to accept delivery of Iona and Spirit of Adventure.

38 minutes ago, Johnson84 said:

Two fires in the shipyard where this ship is being built, I'm staying off this ship.

Fires in shipyards happen often.  That's why they have their own fire departments.

When Monarch of the Seas was being built in 1990 a welder's torch caught some insulation on fire.  She was nearly lost.  They ended up taking a section of Majesty who was being built in another slip and replaced the damaged section of Monarch with the section from Majesty.  She went on to enjoy 22 years of service with Royal.  

AIDAnova, Norwegian Joy, Costa Smeralda and Carnival Mardì Gras all recently had fires during construction at the various shipyards involved. 

About time...and still annoys me that they waited this long..to cancel cruises on her till almost a yr from now..they knew all along..just didn't want to make it official......

Annoys me....booking cruises is done for awhile for us now...we aren't going through all this hassle till this delay and cancel and shift crap is over.

@monctonguy I said the SAME  this morning, my husband was concerned I was moping around so much...... no sailings/all cancelled in 2020. Fast forward, just booked another 2021, I just hope I get my cruise planner refunds by then......fingers crossed. Cheers! 

But I agree, this needs to be over!

done GIF

18 minutes ago, Neesa said:

But I agree, this needs to be over!

This sums up exactly how I feel right about now.  Today marks the 5th sailing that I have lost since March.  Add in one cancelled Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, one cancelled La Bamba dinner, and I am in an awful mood today!