Freedom Class suite perks

So it's been 10 years since I've sailed on a Freedom Class vessel and never in a suite.

RCI goes to great lengths to publish their suite perks for Oasis and Quantum class ships- not so much for the smaller ones.

What I've been able to gleam so far is this

• Suite lounge access with concierge
  • Reserved seats in the theatre/studio B
  • Expedited embarkation, disembark and tendering
  • Reserved breakfast/lunch location- usually Chops.
  • Pressing of formal attire on first formal night.

What am I missing?

Room service for those in a full suite is included at no extra charge,right?

You have it pretty much covered.  The breakfast is an exclusive, full service meal.  For lunch, it is sometimes an option to take your windjammer food into one of the empty restaurants to eat, but since the specialty restaurants are now usually operating on sea days, that is no longer an option on sea days.  Lunch is not full service, just a place to go and sit.  Yes, room service (including from the MDR) is complimentary. Some ships will offer behind the scenes tours to suite guests. On Freedom class ships, you have access to the Suites lounge at all times, but the space is only manned during certain hours.  You can usually find a functioning, self service coffee machine there. Priority access to tendering only works one way.  Getting back to the ship, you are on your own.

28 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

I wonder for how long the behind the scenes, bridge, or, galley tours disappear for. 

I don't think I understand your question - how long is the tour? or will this not be offered in the future because of COVID? The All Access ship tour is still being offered for purchase, so I don't think they would be cancelling this suite perk which has fewer people that spend less time in the areas.

We took the bridge tour offered to suite guests on Liberty this past September. What is offered to the suite guests (free of charge) is a really just a quick walk through the area. Again, this is not the big All Access type tour that you can purchase in the cruise planner. The Loyalty Ambassador gave the tour which lasted about 10-15 total minutes including a chance to talk to and ask questions of the officers that were on the bridge at the time. We were kept several feet away from the main panels where all the officers were working. It was nice to get a peek at the area and scratch a curiosity itch, but if you want something in depth, this is not it.

2 hours ago, melmar02 said:

I don't think I understand your question - how long is the tour? or will this not be offered in the future because of COVID? The All Access ship tour is still being offered for purchase, so I don't think they would be cancelling this suite perk which has fewer people that spend less time in the areas.

We took the bridge tour offered to suite guests on Liberty this past September. What is offered to the suite guests (free of charge) is a really just a quick walk through the area. Again, this is not the big All Access type tour that you can purchase in the cruise planner. The Loyalty Ambassador gave the tour which lasted about 10-15 total minutes including a chance to talk to and ask questions of the officers that were on the bridge at the time. We were kept several feet away from the main panels where all the officers were working. It was nice to get a peek at the area and scratch a curiosity itch, but if you want something in depth, this is not it.

No, by disappear I meant will stop happening.  It will be hard at least for a time to justify bringing guests into highly controlled and mission critical  areas like the bridge, galley, engine room, etc..  

The suite perk that I enjoy the most is that the Concierge will make dinner reservations in speciality restaurants for us pre-cruise.  We like to purchase the 3 night dining package.  Royal will assign the restaurant the first night, but it isn’t always our choice.  Rather than going to a speciality restaurant upon boarding to book the nights/locations we prefer, we have found the Suites Concierge will do this for us.  He/she will email 5-7 days before the cruise with a list of perks and offer assistance.  We reply to the email that we have X package and would like to request he/she make the reservations and list our choices.

There has been a light breakfast and lunch set up on the SL for our past few cruises.  We are light eaters during the day and find eating in the SL to be a great option.  There are rarely more than 3-4 others in the SL at that time.  I hope this does not end once cruising begins again.  We do enjoy one room service breakfast per cruise.  Eating Eggs Benedict on the balcony has been a tradition for years.

36 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

No, by disappear I meant will stop happening.  It will be hard at least for a time to justify bringing guests into highly controlled and mission critical  areas like the bridge, galley, engine room, etc..  

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yeah, I expect they will be among the first casualties of the "new normal".  They were already getting pretty scarce.

They were pretty standard as a CAS benefit and very frequent.    

Even though all access tours may still be in the cruise planner I expect they'll be cancelled as part of the new norm.  The changes that are forthcoming are still in flux.  Until (or if ever) we are fully past this virus these are exactly the kinds of things that will be reviewed and probably suspended. 

Announcing the discontinuation of all access paid tours would require refunds to be issued.  They'll more likely announce it on board and issue a refundable OBC hoping people spend it on other things on board.   CAS and Suite tours will mostly likely simply not be offered and when a guest inquires the concierge will then let it be known that they aren't being offered because of the risks.  I doubt they'll make a point of making an public announcement about it, that's just fuel for an anti-cruise blogger/lawyer to seize upon.   

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yeah, I expect they will be among the first casualties of the "new normal".  They were already getting pretty scarce.

With a few Star Class sailings under my belt, as well as working as a live sound engineer before I started in law enforcement I've seen my fair share of bridges, galleys, and theatres. Interesting for sure but not a perk I really am shook up about losing.

This may sound petty but in the past few years all of my trips have been on Oasis or Quantum class vessels. They currently have more included dining options available then a Freedom class ship( LOS is slated for dry dock in Jan I think so who knows what, if anything will change). My biggest concern was if I could get room service delivered at no additional charge to help offset the lack of dining venues.

38 minutes ago, constable145 said:

if I could get room service delivered at no additional charge to help offset the lack of dining venues.

I think this is an easy way for them to ease crowding in the dining spaces and throw the pax a small bone.  I think they will do this.

On 5/26/2020 at 1:37 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I think this is an easy way for them to ease crowding in the dining spaces and throw the pax a small bone.  I think they will do this.

I'd be shocked if they ever reverted and went away from the 7.95 service fee for room service.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I've never even noticed an age limit in the SL.  I can't imagine them refusing any suite guest access to the suites' facilities.  I'll guess that this is something that is not enforced.  Doesn't make any sense.

Yeah that would make zero sense to not allow paying guests into the lounge, but let in some who may be staying in an interior room. 

50 minutes ago, constable145 said:

I notice that the suite lounge now lists an age restriction of 21+.. I've never noticed this before. I've had my daughter in the SL different times. Is this something new or just something that's never been enforced?

Did the sign perhaps have a time listed?