Cruise planner purchases

5 minutes ago, cman2020 said:

I currently have a cruise booked with a beverage package, and some other things, but just saw the price dropped on the actual cruise, so will call Costco travel to get it re priced, will it affect anything booked on the cruise planner? TIA

No. Nothing on the cruise planner will be changed. Good luck with Costco, anytime I’ve called over the last two months I get the “overwhelming call volume” message where it doesn’t even let you join the queue. It’ll certainly be my last booking with them. 

15 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

No. Nothing on the cruise planner will be changed. Good luck with Costco, anytime I’ve called over the last two months I get the “overwhelming call volume” message where it doesn’t even let you join the queue. It’ll certainly be my last booking with them. 

Great. Thanks for the warning. Going to try 1st thing as soon as they open. Have you ever gotten through at all?

Just now, cman2020 said:

Great. Thanks for the warning. Going to try 1st thing as soon as they open. Have you ever gotten through at all?

No. I’ve tried right at 10est when they open, later in the day, no luck. It’s been a complete joke that they still don’t have staffed lines. It’s not worth the executive rebate as it’s now cost me two price decreases. 

10 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

No. I’ve tried right at 10est when they open, later in the day, no luck. It’s been a complete joke that they still don’t have staffed lines. It’s not worth the executive rebate as it’s now cost me two price decreases. 

Great. Guess ill keep

ya posted on how it turns out 

10 hours ago, cman2020 said:

I currently have a cruise booked with a beverage package, and some other things, but just saw the price dropped on the actual cruise, so will call Costco travel to get it re priced, will it affect anything booked on the cruise planner? TIA

There is one circumstance in which this could affect cruise planner purchases. If you had obc from Royal as part of your original cruise fare and if you used that obc to make cruise planner purchases and if the new rate has less or no obc then you should receive a notification to pay any outstanding amount on your purchases. Normally you would get several days to do this, after which, if you don't pay, they cancel your purchases. That is my experience. However, I remember someone else posting on these boards that his purchases were just cancelled outright.

15 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

So here’s the update. I called at 9:59 am literally, and 10:01 one got through to a agent, but it took an hour for her to get someone at RC, but all set. Saved $457.