looking for answers, question before make new booking

Is there anyone can tell me, what happen to our deposit, even full cruise fare within 3 months window, if the cruise line file for bankruptcy and cancel all cruise. I am thinking to book a  Harmony of the Sea December sail. But after reading news about NCL might looking for bankrupt protection, I am worry about what happen to the deposit if the worst scenario happen.

BTW, the official RCCL website has a Flash Sale promotion, 30% off every guest plus $300 instant saving. Is it the best promotion we can get?

Thanks for any quick help. Promotion ends tomorrow ?

Royal has secured enough financing to last quite a while now, so I certainly wouldn't worry about bankruptcy (so has NCL, actually).  The promo now isn't bad - nice thing is if you book and the price goes down later you can reprice the booking at the lower fare.  I recommend either booking through a GOOD travel agent, or at least transferring the booking to a good travel agent right after booking (if you want to jump on it now).

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Royal has secured enough financing to last quite a while now, so I certainly wouldn't worry about bankruptcy (so has NCL, actually).  The promo now isn't bad - nice thing is if you book and the price goes down later you can reprice the booking at the lower fare.  I recommend either booking through a GOOD travel agent, or at least transferring the booking to a good travel agent right after booking (if you want to jump on it now).

Thanks for your reply. 
I also read some information about RCCL has 1B cash in hand and should be enough for 9-10 month without sailing. But just can’t help thinking about if worst scenario happens, I guess probably we lose those money, because bankruptcy, right. 

So what is the difference between book through a TA and directly book with RCCL. I know the TA can help you search something you want, you just call or email. But normal I like do search myself and I always think the price won’t be cheaper through TA. If I need change something,  it is easier directly contact with RCCL instead of go back and forth with TA. 

thanks again.

1 minute ago, LeonCA said:

Thanks for your reply. 
I also read some information about RCCL has 1B cash in hand and should be enough for 9-10 month without sailing. But just can’t help thinking about if worst scenario happens, I guess probably we lose those money, because bankruptcy, right. 

So what is the difference between book through a TA and directly book with RCCL. I know the TA can help you search something you want, you just call or email. But normal I like do search myself and I always think the price won’t be cheaper through TA. If I need change something,  it is easier directly contact with RCCL instead of go back and forth with TA. 

thanks again.

There's not much difference in booking.  Where they really come in handy is the service you get if you need to change anything or when there are problems. Would you rather sit on hold for 3 hours with Royal or have your TA do it?  I don't find it at all easier to contact Royal directly. I don't have that kind of free time.   I'd rather have her fight my battles for me.

I wouldn't say that we should not worry about bankruptcy.  Since the question has yet to be addressed on what happens with the first covid case on a ship when cruising starts, and if that ship will be able to redock in the US... and with a possible 2nd spike in the fall,  then I still believe bankruptcy is a real possibility for a lot of companies.  However, if that happens, CCL and RCL will likely file Chapter 11 to reorganize their debt with a view to continue operating. In which case, any bookings and deposits would be safe.  In the event everything goes bad, I would not put money on NCLH surviving, even with the loans they took on. 

14 hours ago, LeonCA said:

I am worry about what happen to the deposit if the worst scenario happen.

Well, absolute worst case scenario is the company goes out of business and your money is probably lost.

Is that likely to happen? Probably not. Bankruptcy doesnt necessarily mean out of business. The airlines have made declaring bankruptcy into an art form at this point.

14 hours ago, LeonCA said:

I am worry about what happen to the deposit if the worst scenario happen.

It's already been said that 'closed for good' is unlikely, and I agree. Do you have a CC that provides protection from these situations? If not, you could purchase travel insurance. Although, I personally purchase a policy after final payment. Not paying a few hundred USD to protect a few hundred USD. I buy travel insurance for more than protection of cruise fare. 

11 hours ago, LeonCA said:

So what is the difference between book through a TA and directly book with RCCL.

Another thing a good travel agent can be is that friend who knows the correct answer. If he/she doesn't know 100% they will get you the correct answer. A lot of the customer service agents don't provide correct information, which in these times can be dangerous.

Just hung up the phone with RCCL,  booked the last minutes “Flash Sale”. I sent a email to my last cruise planner, Greg Rosa, who works for RCCL and system returned with “email address doesn’t exist”. I double checked and sent again, and returned again. I don’t know if he got laid off. So sad they have to cut their own cruise planner and customer service.