American Queen announces health protocols.

It might be comparing apples to oranges here in many ways, but it's interesting to see how some companies will be dealing with passengers and spaces once they get sailing again.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22987-american-queen-announces-health-protocols.html?fbclid=IwAR3E_1qR-lIv4eCC4qbi2T7laDferhFIoLjoC1SaX7sP6ghcCnRN7pa7Z8Q

7 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

It might be comparing apples to oranges here in many ways, but it's interesting to see how some companies will be dealing with passengers and spaces once they get sailing again.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22987-american-queen-announces-health-protocols.html?fbclid=IwAR3E_1qR-lIv4eCC4qbi2T7laDferhFIoLjoC1SaX7sP6ghcCnRN7pa7Z8Q

Wow, knock me over with a feather!!!! Guidance, leadership, taking initiative, creating an acceptable path forward, being a role model......I think American Queen and their fleet of riverboats are going to be very successful and be the first to return back to a profitable enterprise.

Meanwhile, judging from Richards Fain's MSNBC interview; Royal Caribbean's plan is to just sit idle "until they tell us what we have to do". No commitment to resume cruising. Then there is the laughing at getting employees back home <shakes head, very disappointed>

Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 1Q of 2021.

1 hour ago, bobroo said:

Meanwhile, judging from Richards Fain's MSNBC interview; Royal Caribbean's plan is to just sit idle "until they tell us what we have to do". No commitment to resume cruising. 

I really don't see it this way at all. He's said all along that they have a team of people (including medical and epidemiologists) working on how they will handle the on-board and pre-board experience. American Queen can start sailing much sooner because they don't have to wait for foreign ports to open up.  They may not even be subject to much CDC scrutiny.  Royal knows they really can't start sailing yet (CDC hasn't indicated that they will lift the "no sail" order early), so they may as well use the time and figure out their strategy.  They have the time to try to get it right the first time back.

There are a ton of logistics to take into consideration. River boats are often much smaller than cruise liners and can start back at a quicker rate given they type of itineraries they have. RCCI has like, 26? ships that they have to work things out for. As the ships are different, go to different type of ports and cater to different type of guest, I can see why they don't have definitive answers. Also let be 100, if he said a tentative date people would hold him to it like it was a contract written in blood. The same thing has happened all across America, Governors gave dates and now people are crying about freedom, normal, etc because they took those dates as absolutes. I would much rather RCCI plan or "sit idle" than to make things worse by rushing and making mistakes. Those mistakes could cost live and eventually are ability to cruise.

I am very impressed and pleased with all of those safeguards that AQSC is proposing.  I know that many of the guests are elderly, and therefore, potentially higher-risk.  I have been considering taking my mother on this cruise line for a relaxing experience, so I am very happy that they are being so proactive.

A friend of mine who was hotel director on Oasis is now a hotel director on American Queen. I was just about to text him to see if there was any skuttlebutt he could share. 

@Chadster @PhillyLady my friend said the food is phenomenal and blows RC food away. He’s invited us to be his guests and we may just take him up sooner rather than later! He was director on the PNW itinerary and also on the New Orleans to Memphis.